The Student Room Group

Maths Capability

I am thinking about going into a STEM based career. I have qualifications in Art but I am thinking about making a change. I completed an AS in Mathematics alongside a foundation year in art and received an A. I had to work very hard for this. I am planning to finish the A Level and I am exploring my options for the future. I am worried I had to work too hard to get my A - that the maths doesn't come naturally to me and I might not be bright enough for a heavily maths based degree. Is there a way to assess my capability prior to finishing my A Level? Does anyone have any advice?
So are you starting year 13 this year? And you already did AS maths and wondering whether to do an A Level maths too?
Original post by Bookworm524
So are you starting year 13 this year? And you already did AS maths and wondering whether to do an A Level maths too?

I'm actually in my second year post-A Levels/BTEC. I did an AS last academic year alongside a foundation course. My question is if the AS took so much hard work am I really suited for a degree or career in a mathematics related field? I'm set on finishing the A Level itself even if it is difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest