The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

how likely it is to get a better uni in the middle of a BA

I am wondering if it is reasonably likely to get a better university (from Queen Mary to UCL typically) between year 1 and year 2 or between year 2 and 3 of a BS or a MS in case I have very good results ?
Reply 1
Basically won’t happen.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by mkahn
I am wondering if it is reasonably likely to get a better university (from Queen Mary to UCL typically) between year 1 and year 2 or between year 2 and 3 of a BS or a MS in case I have very good results ?

Have a read of the Transfer FAQ.

Swapping unis isn't that common but it it is sometimes possible. 'Trading up' is much less likely though.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Have a read of the Transfer FAQ.

Swapping unis isn't that common but it it is sometimes possible. 'Trading up' is much less likely though.

Thanks. What about the likelihood of turning down an offer at a uni to get a better one at Clearing assuming actual grades are better than estimated one at the time of the UCAS process back in April/May ?
Original post by mkahn
Thanks. What about the likelihood of turning down an offer at a uni to get a better one at Clearing assuming actual grades are better than estimated one at the time of the UCAS process back in April/May ?

Depends on too many variables to guesstimate: your results, the results of other candidates and the course + uni.

Many people get a place via clearing but it won’t necessarily be very competitive courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending