The Student Room Group

Situationship suddenly wants a relationship.

Hey, in advance i have to say that english isn't my first language, sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes:smile:)There is this guy i have been seeing let's call him N. I really liked him and saw it going into sth serious. After 2 months of dating and it seeming like a relationship, i told him i want a relationship. He didn't say yes or no, just that he has to see where its going blabla because of distance and time. I was disappointed but it sounded like a fair point as we really don't live that close. Well I waited another 1,5 months and asked again. Again he talked himself out of it, that he has to see, but that he doesn't want friends with benefits. He can talk very well and naive me agreed again. The problem with him isn't only that, also he didn't make much effort. Didn't initiate phone calls, only snaps me. Also he didn't make an effort to see me. I always went all the way to see him.After another month or more i started dating another guy who really makes the effort and who i till now like very much. I didn't initiate anything else with N because I thought it fizzled out. But after 4 weeks of me dating the new guy. N suddenly wanted to make an effort to see me. He noticed i didn't seem as interested anymore and that he noticed he took me for granted...I got kinda mad and told him he only has to come if he means it serious with me and that i want an answer: relationship yes or no? We face timed and he said for the distance right now and the lack of time he doesn't see it right now but maybe in the future. (He says that after almost 6 months since our first date). I told him that i don't want anymore and thought like that i ended it for good. But the next day he called me and said that he wants a relationship and that he's ready to do the work. I am just confused because it's what i have always wanted but i don't see it working with all the drama in the past. Because it caused me a lot of stress and anxiety always waiting for him and wondering when we talk again etc.other facts about him:- He's 25 and never said
Reply 1
Your English is perfect btw. I would trust your instincts with N, to me he sounds like trouble and might be quite happy to spoil things with you new love but then let you down later. Someone that makes the effort generally turns out to be the better bet. Alternatively, take the risk and see what happens, at least you’ve got him chasing now
Reply 2
N had his chance and blew it and doesn't deserve a second one; he should have put the effort in first time around. However, you should have told him it was over between you before you started dating the new guy, on whom you are being extremely unfair because you are talking with your ex about a relationship!

Suggest you have some time being single and get your head in the right place, because to even consider going back to N is ludicrous, and you need to.learn how to treat people and how you should be treated.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
N had his chance and blew it and doesn't deserve a second one; he should have put the effort in first time around. However, you should have told him it was over between you before you started dating the new guy, on whom you are being extremely unfair because you are talking with your ex about a relationship!

Suggest you have some time being single and get your head in the right place, because to even consider going back to N is ludicrous, and you need to.learn how to treat people and how you should be treated.

ngl ur last sentence is key in this situation i mean if i understood it right, u are jumping from guy to guy nd now as surnia said u are considering going back to N just cuz he made up his mind? bro lemme tell u sth kinda awkward but lowkey u dont like those guys, just their validation. best advice stay single nd find out whats wrong with u. life advice absolutely agree with surnia treat people how u would like to be treated
Reply 4
It is incredibly sad to read posts like this, where the **** is our society heading to really. You are playing with guys as if they were toys: one day I want this one and the next day I don’t feel like it, but then I see him again and I think whether I want to play with him. Look I don't know you, I don't know what education you have received from your parents or anything about you, but reading this post gives me a feeling of immense sadness for you. I guess you're in your early 20s, that's why I'm wasting my time advising you because you still have time to change for the better. Stop with the situationships and dramas like talking to two guys at the same time. No one wants a woman who has been with many men and if you're already like this in your 20s I can't imagine when you're approaching your 30s. For the sake of argument, I agree with the last two replies and remember we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with, choose wisely who surrounds you. Best of luck!
Reply 5
yooo girls calm your titties. she's clearly hoeing around, typical of girls who leave a long relationship and do not know any other way to heal. sad? Ofc but lately this is unfortunately the norm, high value girls with great values and ethics are nowadays very rare. At least she's not getting railed every other weekend, although it might be her next step. Is she going to read and take notice of the replies? Prolly not, so buddies don't waste ur time here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending