The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and therapy

Hi I want to study dental hygiene and therapy at uni but my GCSE english lang grade is a 4 but the entry requirements are 5. Will they still accept me? I have tried to resit but my high school dont do resits and told me to try somewhere else but no other school or centre will accept me. What shall I do?
Don't apply because the algorithm will just reject you straight up - look for courses without strict GCSE requirments
Reply 2
There arent as much dental hygiene courses that are nearby without lower GCSE requirements so I might just do pharmacy and then do dentsitry post grad. thanks(Original post by toothysmile)Don't apply because the algorithm will just reject you straight up - look for courses without strict GCSE requirments
That sounds like a great plan! All the best - one question I would ask is why not apply to pharmacy and become a pharmacist instead of becoming a dentist? It sounds like you are taking a degree as your GCSEs mean you can't do dentistry BUT taking a 3 year course for a degree you don't want seems more effort than resitting your GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest