The Student Room Group

Funding for primary education degree with 1 year left of sfe

I have done 3 years of uni (international relations degree) but had to drop out due to bereavement and poor mental health. I want to go back to uni for primary education. I only have one year of student finance left and have read conflicting answers about whether I could get a loan for all of it or just the first year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Original post by Andromeda02
I have done 3 years of uni (international relations degree) but had to drop out due to bereavement and poor mental health. I want to go back to uni for primary education. I only have one year of student finance left and have read conflicting answers about whether I could get a loan for all of it or just the first year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thread moved to the Ask SFE forum so that you will get a reply from an adviser. :smile:

Hi there, how many years is the course you're looking to study now and will this be full time? Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, how many years is the course you're looking to study now and will this be full time? Thanks, Jason

Hi, I’m looking at either the two year accredited primary teaching course at the uni of Greenwich or the three year primary teaching course with qts also at uni of Greenwich. They’re both full time.
(edited 2 months ago)
Thank you. Do you have a course code for the 2 year one? Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Thank you. Do you have a course code for the 2 year one? Thanks, Jason

The course code and institution codes are: 9K65 A BA/PEdAcc. Thanks.
Thank you. For the two year course as long as you don't hold a QTS: Qualified Teacher Status you'll be able to apply for this.

For the three year course at full time it would be normal previous study rules unless you have CPR: Compelling Personal Reasons as to why you didn't complete your course previously. Thanks, Jason
Reply 7
Thank you. For the two year course as long as you don't hold a QTS: Qualified Teacher Status you'll be able to apply for this.

For the three year course at full time it would be normal previous study rules unless you have CPR: Compelling Personal Reasons as to why you didn't complete your course previously. Thanks, Jason

Thank you so much! So for the two year course, I could still receive both maintenance and student loans?
Thank you so much! So for the two year course, I could still receive both maintenance and student loans?

Yes, if it's to lead to a QTS you'll be able to apply for this. For the other course I've enclosed further information regarding previous study evidence: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending