The Student Room Group

Estranged Student

Hi, so I was recently kicked out of my house, and I'm living at my Nana's. I'm not gonna go into details, but it's unlikely me and my parents will get over it all anytime soon. I could qualify as estranged, but considering I'm living with my nana, and I have no contact with parents, but my mum still receives child credit for me to my knowledge and she helps my nana with some things, meaning she's in contact with her even though I'm not. Would I still qualify for Estranged student status (after 12 months ik)

I should also clarify my parents have made it very clear they are not going to support me financially
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Todobroki
Hi, so I was recently kicked out of my house, and I'm living at my Nana's. I'm not gonna go into details, but it's unlikely me and my parents will get over it all anytime soon. I could qualify as estranged, but considering I'm living with my nana, and I have no contact with parents, but my mum still receives child credit for me to my knowledge and she helps my nana with some things, meaning she's in contact with her even though I'm not. Would I still qualify for Estranged student status (after 12 months ik)

I should also clarify my parents have made it very clear they are not going to support me financially

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear this. So we can help can you please confirm when your next academic year begins, is it in September?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
September 2024
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Todobroki
September 2024

Once you apply next September (and are under 25) you can complete the estrangement form and send this with your application (it won't be available till next spring). On the form, you can explain your situation or contact us for assistance on completing it. But if you are still estranged with little or no contact then you can still look to be assessed for this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending