The Student Room Group

My friend is ghosting me?

Let’s call her Jenny. I am friend with her for 15 years. Both of us are going to different universities, but we still managed to meet at least once a month. This year she got into her first serious relationship. At the beginning of her relationship we were seeing each other regularly. I even met her boyfriend and he seemed fine. In like April communication from her side slowed down. I thought she is just in her honeymoon phase and also exam season was on the corner. So I gave her space. Three weeks ago she reached me out with a message: ,,Sorry, I didn’t contact you for a such long time, are you free next week?‘‘ The next week she cancelled because of family party, so I suggested this week. Last night I texted her, if she is still up for our plan and she left me on read? I don't think I did anything wrong. Also I am a female.
Reply 1
Original post by 0y0urfave0
Let’s call her Jenny. I am friend with her for 15 years. Both of us are going to different universities, but we still managed to meet at least once a month. This year she got into her first serious relationship. At the beginning of her relationship we were seeing each other regularly. I even met her boyfriend and he seemed fine. In like April communication from her side slowed down. I thought she is just in her honeymoon phase and also exam season was on the corner. So I gave her space. Three weeks ago she reached me out with a message: ,,Sorry, I didn’t contact you for a such long time, are you free next week?‘‘ The next week she cancelled because of family party, so I suggested this week. Last night I texted her, if she is still up for our plan and she left me on read? I don't think I did anything wrong. Also I am a female.

Hi there.

Sometimes it doesn't have to be your fault for friends to drift apart. This can be a normal part of life with friends outgrowing each other or moving on. Perhaps your friend is busy so give her a bit more time to respond. If there's no response then perhaps it may be best to move on knowing it wasn't your fault for not reaching out.

Hope this makes sense.
Best wishes. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending