The Student Room Group

Guy I am dating just said all south asians smell weird

He said I don't and he's arab himself but I am genuinely really offended.is this a red flag? I am south asian
Original post by Anonymous #1
He said I don't and he's arab himself but I am genuinely really offended.is this a red flag? I am south asian

I think it’s a red flag that he wants to generalise a group of people down to something like that. It’s not a singular person it’s a whole community. Just because they’re someone that’s poc doesn’t mean they cant be racist. I think it’s a bit small minded and rude especially to say that to you , even tho he says you’re not , he could think that of your family and friends.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I think it’s a red flag that he wants to generalise a group of people down to something like that. It’s not a singular person it’s a whole community. Just because they’re someone that’s poc doesn’t mean they cant be racist. I think it’s a bit small minded and rude especially to say that to you , even tho he says you’re not , he could think that of your family and friends.
Right? I was literally thinking about that. Also we aren't dating, we are just talking. still so rude he felt comfortable saying that to me just because he's poc and has a bengali friend. Should I ghost him?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Right? I was literally thinking about that. Also we aren't dating, we are just talking. still so rude he felt comfortable saying that to me just because he's poc and has a bengali friend. Should I ghost him?

Definitely ghost him lol, if you find a red flag early on it’s not a good sign. You’re only talking so there’s no commitments, you owe them nothinggg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending