The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about female friends he’s slept with?

I’ve recently started dating someone (24 M, 25 F) and he has a lot of female friends, most of which are failed talking stages. I wouldn’t be bothered if they were romantically involved a long time ago, but some of these girls are as recent as just before we started dating. he talks to them all the time and also hangs out with them one on one.

I am not comfortable with this at all and have expressed my concerns to him about it. We have only been on 3 dates but they’ve all been very long with staying over involved but we’ve been talking for nearly 2 months.

I feel as though I can’t ask him to get rid of them at this stage as we haven’t had the exclusivity chat. He tells me that he sees them all as purely platonic but I don’t know if I can trust that as he met them through dating apps, had sex with and then decided he just wanted to be friends.

I’m not naive and I don’t trust him yet, but I wonder why he’s been so open about it at the same time? If there was something to hide surely he would have kept these “friendships” a secret?

I’d like hear a man’s perspective is on this and also anyone who’s been through something similar.
he did say that as soon as things became serious he would distance himself from them but I’m not sure I’d even be fully okay with that. If they’d been friends for years and nothing ever happened, or even if it did but it was years ago, I’d be okay with it. The fact he’s now “friends” with recent hookups just doesn’t sit well with me. What should I do?
Reply 1
Bro is definitely sleeping with them 😭💯
Reply 2
Original post by kelrasheed
Bro is definitely sleeping with them 😭💯

I think so too unfortunately 🫠
Reply 3
Yeah it doesnt sound good. If he is sleeping with them and you found out about it, he can go with the excuse '' well i did tell you i was seeing them''.
And seeing them one on one too, is this like 1 girl for every day of the week?
Reply 4
Original post by Ghostlady
Yeah it doesnt sound good. If he is sleeping with them and you found out about it, he can go with the excuse '' well i did tell you i was seeing them''.
And seeing them one on one too, is this like 1 girl for every day of the week?

I’ve already asked if he is and he has told me he hasn’t slept with anyone at all since we started sleeping together/seeing each other. That’s the thing too it’s not just one girl it’s literally 90% of his female friends but they go for “catch ups” - what I don’t get is why he’d be so open about it if he’s lying and is actually still hooking up with them
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve already asked if he is and he has told me he hasn’t slept with anyone at all since we started sleeping together/seeing each other. That’s the thing too it’s not just one girl it’s literally 90% of his female friends but they go for “catch ups” - what I don’t get is why he’d be so open about it if he’s lying and is actually still hooking up with them

Catch ups, sounds like something out of love island. If he isnt hooking up with them, then whats the incentive of having all these female friends? maybe he likes to keep them hanging on for more? But yeah having a guy dating them, then all end up being his friend just does not sit well. if a date doesnt work out its thank you next.
Reply 6
Original post by Ghostlady
Catch ups, sounds like something out of love island. If he isnt hooking up with them, then whats the incentive of having all these female friends? maybe he likes to keep them hanging on for more? But yeah having a guy dating them, then all end up being his friend just does not sit well. if a date doesnt work out its thank you next.

That’s exactly what I said 😂 I asked what he’s gaining out of these “friendships” if it’s not romantic like who needs that many “friends”?! He says he has a chat with them all explaining that they can only hang out if it’s purely platonic but ahhhh I just don’t buy it but at the same time I can’t really do anything as we aren’t exclusive and there is a small chance he could be telling the truth. Half tempted to message one of the girls and ask 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending