The Student Room Group

Why does my new bf keep looking

At himself in mirrors, reflective surfaces and mobile phone reflection ?

He does this a lot. Hes cute and some of his friends even say that he kinda resembles Ian somerhalder but I don't understand the obsession of constantly looking at himself?

Is this low self esteem or narcissistic?
Reply 1
I do the same. My ex gf would often catch me looking at myself in a car window or shop windows. Which she thought was insecurity, and kept reassuring me that I was good looking and should stop worrying about what I look like. But it was honestly a bit of narcissism and insecurity.

It depends on the person. Ask him why he does it? Some people do it from habit as well
(edited 10 months ago)
*shrug* vanity
Reply 3
Original post by Rogermoores
I do the same. My ex gf would often catch me looking at myself in a car window or shop windows. Which she thought was insecurity, and kept reassuring me that I was good looking and should stop worrying about what I look like. But it was honestly a bit of narcissism and insecurity.

It depends on the person. Ask him why he does it? Some people do it from habit as well

How old are you?
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
*shrug* vanity

Shallow???
Original post by Pkyek
Shallow???

I said vanity, doesn't mean quite the same as shallow, like I'd call someone shallow if they didn't/couldn't appreciate anything beyond the physical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending