The Student Room Group

is it okay for a boyfriend to call other girls hot?

The title is pretty much everything. My new bf comments on other girls' looks. I don't usually mind, but when he calls others hot and WHY they are hot, it kind of throws me off. Is it normal? I'm sorry for the stupid question.
Reply 1
If you thought a girl was hot, but your boyfriend didn't, would you be posting on here that he was a liar or hiding something? Have you stopped thinking every guy you considered hot, including celebrities, now isn't because you have a boyfriend?

Of course he can comment on other girls - but remember, he chose you!
I mean it is a little insensitive and tactless tbh. Of course people in relationships continue to find others hot, it’s usually something you keep to yourself to avoid upsetting your partner and making them feel inferior and insecure.
Original post by _kamiii_R_
The title is pretty much everything. My new bf comments on other girls' looks. I don't usually mind, but when he calls others hot and WHY they are hot, it kind of throws me off. Is it normal? I'm sorry for the stupid question.

Is this like a constant stream or something he says now and again?
If he's saying it more often than once a week it's time for you to apply some therapy on him.

The next time he says "She's hot" about someone in real life, tell him "Go on, make your move on her then. Give her all you've got." If he declines to make a move, go up to the girl, pulling your boyfriend along by the hand, and say to her "Hey, just a quick word! I'd like to introduce you to Bob (or whatever his name is). He's a great guy." And then watch in amusement as he makes a fool of himself. If it looks like he's actually getting on well with her, you can interject with "You know Bob, you were right about what you said to me about Candy (or whatever her name is). She IS smokin' hot!"
Original post by _kamiii_R_

Where’s the boundaries in this if it’s a celebrity I get if it’s a friend or colleague or classmate he’s got issues because where’s your respect.
Reply 5
It’s only ok if both sides view it as acceptable banter, otherwise it’s taking the ****. Tell him to cut it out or else start pointing out the super hot guys you like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending