The Student Room Group

A level physics help

Hi guys,I started A level Physics back in March 2023.I'm in AS now.I am pretty much demotivated actually,as I rarely get the questions correctly while solving the papers.And I understand the main content,but I lose my senses while applying it to past papers.My exams are in Jan 2023.Please help me.What should I do.
Are you self-studying?

Do practice problems e.g. from Physics & Maths Tutors, and review the mark schemes for the past papers carefully to learn how you should approach the questions. Do you mean that stress is affecting your past paper performance or that you have trouble with exam style questions in general?
Reply 2
Original post by penguingirl18
Are you self-studying?

Do practice problems e.g. from Physics & Maths Tutors, and review the mark schemes for the past papers carefully to learn how you should approach the questions. Do you mean that stress is affecting your past paper performance or that you have trouble with exam style questions in general?

My Physics teacher isn't that great to be honest.He explains stuffs not that much clearly.I have problem with exam style questions in general.I already changed Physics teachers a couple of times,and I can't change him,because he is literally better than others who teach in my area.Thanks for the other suggestions!
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Anlasan
My Physics teacher isn't that great to be honest.He explains stuffs not that much clearly.I have problem with exam style questions in general.I already changed Physics teachers a couple of times,and I can't change him,because he is literally better than others who teach in my area.Thanks for the other suggestions!

Sorry about your teachers. :frown: Mark schemes are really helpful for understanding exam style questions. Physics & Maths Tutors has compiled past paper questions including from previous years' specifications, and they have mark schemes as well. Also, there's a YouTube channel called Physics Online that has revision videos and A level exam prep videos where they work through past papers. Hope this helps. Best of luck!
Reply 4
Original post by penguingirl18
Sorry about your teachers. :frown: Mark schemes are really helpful for understanding exam style questions. Physics & Maths Tutors has compiled past paper questions including from previous years' specifications, and they have mark schemes as well. Also, there's a YouTube channel called Physics Online that has revision videos and A level exam prep videos where they work through past papers. Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Original post by Anlasan
Hi guys,I started A level Physics back in March 2023.I'm in AS now.I am pretty much demotivated actually,as I rarely get the questions correctly while solving the papers.And I understand the main content,but I lose my senses while applying it to past papers.My exams are in Jan 2023.Please help me.What should I do.

savemyexams https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiDhYbAm4CBAxU2hf0HHZ2sDGUQFnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.savemyexams.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw1J_bzh33d1_4qdix8_b5M1&opi=89978449
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest