The Student Room Group

Friend problems

My best friend since childhood went though a lot of changes through covid and lockdown , and now she’s a completely different person. She suffered from bad anxiety and I really tried to be there for her through that and I was getting to know this new version of her. But a year later , we’ve finished college and I don’t think she will ever make contact with me again , no matter how much I feel like I’ve been there for her. She’s always making excuses that she still struggles to leave the house due to anxiety but I see her going out with others. And now , I even think she has got a job in the city but she hasn’t even told me. Am I wrong to think a friend should want to tell their friend that kind of stuff. I’d understand if she just said she doesn’t feel as close to me because of how much she has changed but it’s the fact that when we are together we still have a great laugh and she acts like my best friend. Don’t know what to do .
Original post by Anonymous
My best friend since childhood went though a lot of changes through covid and lockdown , and now she’s a completely different person. She suffered from bad anxiety and I really tried to be there for her through that and I was getting to know this new version of her. But a year later , we’ve finished college and I don’t think she will ever make contact with me again , no matter how much I feel like I’ve been there for her. She’s always making excuses that she still struggles to leave the house due to anxiety but I see her going out with others. And now , I even think she has got a job in the city but she hasn’t even told me. Am I wrong to think a friend should want to tell their friend that kind of stuff. I’d understand if she just said she doesn’t feel as close to me because of how much she has changed but it’s the fact that when we are together we still have a great laugh and she acts like my best friend. Don’t know what to do .

Sounds like she isn't the friend you thought she was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending