The Student Room Group

Best way to find summer jobs

I think I've left applying too late but does anyone have any ideas on how to get a summer job quickly? (hoping to start mid/end of July)
Original post by Frozetman
I think I've left applying too late but does anyone have any ideas on how to get a summer job quickly? (hoping to start mid/end of July)

ig it depends what kind of job you're going for. If you want to work in a cafe or something, I think your best bet would be to actually go into the shop with your resume , and just introduce yourself and what job you want to do. If you don't have a resume, you can find them online or use a google doc example one. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Camari3mber
ig it depends what kind of job you're going for. If you want to work in a cafe or something, I think your best bet would be to actually go into the shop with your resume , and just introduce yourself and what job you want to do. If you don't have a resume, you can find them online or use a google doc example one. Good luck!

Thank you I'll try next week, do I just walk up to the counter and ask or do I find a manager?
Thank you I'll try next week, do I just walk up to the counter and ask or do I find a manager?

Just go up to the counter, and explain your situation. Try not to go at a busy time tho-maybe go in the morning?

Hi there,

In my experience, warehouse and catering (e.g. waiting, bar tending etc) have the quickest turnaround times. Or you could look into stewarding as well if it interests you. Some security agencies hire people with no prior experience.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

As the other comment says depends what your looking for - If you live near a town/city some places might have signs up outside which are hiring for summer :smile: Another option is Indeed. Places like fast food and supermarket jobs often have them published on the vacancies/jobs section of their website. You could also try posting on your local towns facebook group if any local businesses are hiring if the group allows that sort of thing. People post that quite often in my hometowns facebook group and they usually get a few useful replies.
(edited 9 months ago)

Hello!
In my experience as well, fast food and restaurants have a big employee turn over and will usually open their hiring specifically for those who need to work during the summer holidays...
As I seen in a post above, which I would like to reinstate that if you want to work in a bar/restaurant it may be more valuable going into their restaurant with your resume to help speed up the process but I'd recommend also doing your research before going in as some will only advertise online!

Good luck!
Courtney H
Reply 7
Thanks all, I've started to apply for a few jobs online and I'm planning to go to some places near me soon. I just need to update my CV then I think I should be good to go

Thanks again all this advice has been really helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending