The Student Room Group

Unsure what to do after year abroad

I've been working in Spain for 8 months as a language assistant and have loved it. I am passionate about languages and would love to pursue a career where I can use them and also travel. I due to finish in 2 weeks and while I have employment over the summer, I'm not sure what to do afterwards. I was thinking about doing different internships to find the best field for me. I know that languages are especially good for translation, recruitment, marketing, etc. but am not sure what I'd enjoy the most. But if I went down the internship route, I'd have to find another way to make money as I wouldn't have any employment. Any suggestions? I feel quite overwhelmed by it all sometimes!
Reply 1
You can do courses to teach English in another country (qualifies you for it) or teach English in a country. Obviously you could become a translator. I think you should try internships etc. if you think they are right for you though!
Original post by eldorado14
I've been working in Spain for 8 months as a language assistant and have loved it. I am passionate about languages and would love to pursue a career where I can use them and also travel. I due to finish in 2 weeks and while I have employment over the summer, I'm not sure what to do afterwards. I was thinking about doing different internships to find the best field for me. I know that languages are especially good for translation, recruitment, marketing, etc. but am not sure what I'd enjoy the most. But if I went down the internship route, I'd have to find another way to make money as I wouldn't have any employment. Any suggestions? I feel quite overwhelmed by it all sometimes!

hi, my dream is to move to spain and hopefully become a teaching assistant until i find a proper job to become a psychology teacher however, how hard is it to find both jobs in spain? did you find it difficult ? honestly i agree with the user above maybe you should teach english :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending