The Student Room Group

job search

whats the best way to find a job? everything on indeed looks out of my capabilities. just want like a job at tescos or asda but cant find any vacancies
Reply 1
Do a CV and literally drop it in at every high store shop/cafe in your town. It’s a bit late in the day for a summer job but some might still be looking for staff to cover holidays. If you’re still available in September when students will be going back to uni you might get lucky
Original post by a_level185
whats the best way to find a job? everything on indeed looks out of my capabilities. just want like a job at tescos or asda but cant find any vacancies

Quite a few places (like tesco, mcdonalds etc etc) have their vacancies on their own websites. And you have to apply online. So the tesco, mcdonalds etc careers websites might be worth a try.
Reply 3
Original post by Euapp
Do a CV and literally drop it in at every high store shop/cafe in your town. It’s a bit late in the day for a summer job but some might still be looking for staff to cover holidays. If you’re still available in September when students will be going back to uni you might get lucky

oh im just starting a gap year lol. got my results on thursday and looking for a job for like a year to get funds before uni. and everytime i ask about jobs in person they always say look online and when i have, theres literally nothing there lol
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Quite a few places (like tesco, mcdonalds etc etc) have their vacancies on their own websites. And you have to apply online. So the tesco, mcdonalds etc careers websites might be worth a try.

yeahhh i been looking ngl, but cant find any vacancies unless its looking for supervisors which i dont have the experience for
Reply 5
Original post by a_level185
oh im just starting a gap year lol. got my results on thursday and looking for a job for like a year to get funds before uni. and everytime i ask about jobs in person they always say look online and when i have, theres literally nothing there lol

Which is why trying shops and cafes that aren’t part of a chain is sometimes easier. Is there an IKEA near you? They often recruit students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending