Chemistry A*
Biology A (but second in year)
Physics A

I want to do natiural sciences at Cambridge
But the website says that 78% of students have A*A*A* at least

So will I get in
I’m at private school if that holds me back slightly
8 9’s at gcse

Do I hav the grades, my teacher told me today that I have no chance and shouldn’t apply

Although I’ve worked very hard all year to get the grades I have predicted,
What should I do?
Reply 1
You have 5 university choices. Apply and you will find out if you will get in!!!!!! If you don't apply then you will never know! For Camb NatSci you need to do an admissions test as well AND get past an interview. It's extremely competitive so they would prefer higher grades... so work hard over the summer to review all the topics you are not doing so well at in biology and physics, talk to your teachers and maybe you will be able to boost your predicted grades before the deadline. The offers given out can differ between college as well so maybe it might be worth checking that (this is also separated by whether you are doing physical or biological). But I don't see the point in not applying because the worst thing that can happen is a rejection which is the same outcome as not applying....
Reply 2
Original post by Willcaygill
This is urgent

I’m predicted
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Biology A (but second in year)
Physics A

I want to do natiural sciences at Cambridge
But the website says that 78% of students have A*A*A* at least

So will I get in
I’m at private school if that holds me back slightly
8 9’s at gcse

Do I hav the grades, my teacher told me today that I have no chance and shouldn’t apply

Although I’ve worked very hard all year to get the grades I have predicted,
What should I do?

How much do you "want" the Cambridge Natsci course? you have the (predicted) required grades, so your job is to convince the admissions tutors that you have the ability, the required passion for your subject, and that you feel strongly that the Cambridge course is the right one for you and that you would prosper there.

If you're just applying to Cambridge because of the name, then forget it; if you genuinely want that course, then apply and see what happens :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending