The Student Room Group

Date of birth typo

I applied for student finance as EU CITIZEN so I had to send a paper form by post. I had a university agent help in filling the form. My application included all the evidence, I attached passport, share code, bank statements etc. SFE approved my application and my evidence long ago, my status has been payment Scheduled for a month+ now.

I contacted finance team at my university and just find out that the agent made a typo in my date of birth (17 instead of 19) and they can't confirm my registration until SFE rectify this. . I already called and re-submitted "additional evidence" But I'm confused as surely SFE must have acknowledged and verified my actual date of birth while checking my documents before approving me?
Original post by Domstoy
I applied for student finance as EU CITIZEN so I had to send a paper form by post. I had a university agent help in filling the form. My application included all the evidence, I attached passport, share code, bank statements etc. SFE approved my application and my evidence long ago, my status has been payment Scheduled for a month+ now.

I contacted finance team at my university and just find out that the agent made a typo in my date of birth (17 instead of 19) and they can't confirm my registration until SFE rectify this. . I already called and re-submitted "additional evidence" But I'm confused as surely SFE must have acknowledged and verified my actual date of birth while checking my documents before approving me?

Hi there,

If you have contacted us and resubmitted evidence then this will go to be updated and rectified. We're unable to check accounts on this platform but this will update for you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Any chance to contact via fb or twitter ? My issue is my date of birth isn't shown anywhere in my online account. How will I know when and if there are any changes?
Original post by Domstoy
Any chance to contact via fb or twitter ? My issue is my date of birth isn't shown anywhere in my online account. How will I know when and if there are any changes?

We can't access accounts via FB or Twitter. I would advise the live chat or on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
I've called but it's nearing absurd to me having to wait 4 weeks just to change DOB??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending