The Student Room Group

Provisional Driving Licence Holder Insurance Help?

Hi, People so looking at cars and insurance how much will there be is it best put my name. And put my Parents on Additional drivers. My mum doesn't have car so she doesn't drive my dad does. Both have full licence. Lastly when go on comparethemarket put in date birth doesn't allow it my birthday is 5th May 2005 turned 18 this year. Hold the Provisional Licence around, year 8 months says Mismatch but when put down February 2022 allows it? Very confused.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
If your birthdate is correct as stated you can only have held your provisional driving licence for 1 year 1 month since you were 17 years of age (unless you are a higher rate of disability payment when you can start to drive from 16 years old)

That is why it is a mismatch - something you have stated is incorrect - date of birth or length of time driving. If you put Feb 2022 for the time you started driving you will have been driving on a provisional licence for 9 months your date of birth is compatible with those figures.

Try not to lie (even inadvertently) on any insurance premium quotations. All information is available to all insurers and can actually increase your premiums. If take out insurance with incorrect statements of fact it could null and void your certificate, particularly if it is a big material lie whereby they would never have insured you in the first place if they had known the truth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending