The Student Room Group

Cohort change & Sfe

Hi basicallg I’m currently re doing one module of my first year course and I should get the results for it in February. If I have passed it I am done for the year and will have my 120 credits

My uni said I can start the April intake and join year 2 if I pass but they said it’ll mess up my student finance and the payments will only be aligned for September intakes as that’s what I’m registered with sfe

I wanted to know if this is true as I thought I could just April intake and inform sfe that I’ve changed cohorts so they can adjust my payments for year 2. As I wouldn’t want to waste 7 months waiting to start year 2 of my course when I could start it at an earlier date because of sfe

Hopefully this makes sense😩.
Hi there, Does the university offer an April start? If so we would need a change of Circumstances to change you to the April intake so payments can be aligned correctly. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Does the university offer an April start? If so we would need a change of Circumstances to change you to the April intake so payments can be aligned correctly. Thanks, Angela

Yes they do offer an April start & I’ve been accepted but they were saying i have already studied in the 2023/24 cycle and that student finance would not pay for you to switch cohorts. Can I confirm if this is true or not?
Original post by Temibabyxo
Yes they do offer an April start & I’ve been accepted but they were saying i have already studied in the 2023/24 cycle and that student finance would not pay for you to switch cohorts. Can I confirm if this is true or not?

Hi there. Can you please confirm when your first year of the course started in 23/24? If you can outline your course start dates prior to the April start you have been advised to go into? Thank you - David
Reply 4
It started in September 2023 but as I was only repeating one module, I have now passed what I was studying in September 2023. I’m basically done for that year.
Hi there,

That is correct what the university are saying, you technically will stay on the September payment schedule, otherwise you are doing 2 different years of your course within the same academic year, as the 24/25 academic year doesn't start until September 2024.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
right okay so is there no way at all for me to get it changed then?
No, there is no way to change this unfortunately, unless you wait until to September to start the 2nd year.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Okay. What if I paid the first instalment myself and then waited to September for those payments to be paid . Do you think that could work
Original post by Temibabyxo
Okay. What if I paid the first instalment myself and then waited to September for those payments to be paid . Do you think that could work

Hi there,

Do you mean paid the first instalment to the university? If so, you'd be best checking with them directly. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending