The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick economics

How hard is it to get onto competitive econ courses at places like Warwick, UCL, LSE. I already have the grades and they are really good, is that enough? Or are they so oversubscribed that they still have to turn people down?
I mean I know someone who didn’t get into Warwick econ with nearly straight A* GCSEs and 3A*2A predictions at A level, so nothing is guaranteed :/
Just make sure your personal statement is really strong! There’s definitely a mixture of both academic strength and luck in admissions
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I should also mention I know someone who got in with A*A*A predictions, so it’s definitely not all about the grades
Original post by JD2468
I mean I know someone who didn’t get into Warwick econ with nearly straight A* GCSEs and 3A*2A predictions at A level, so nothing is guaranteed :/
Just make sure your personal statement is really strong! There’s definitely a mixture of both academic strength and luck in admissions

omds any ideas why they didn't get in? most courses can afford to give everyone an offer so long as they have the grades (i mean i say most, maybe not most... but many)
Original post by Anonymous
omds any ideas why they didn't get in? most courses can afford to give everyone an offer so long as they have the grades (i mean i say most, maybe not most... but many)

I honestly have no clue, his personal statement was strong too imo, and I know people who got in with both worse and better grades, so it’s... confusing. He still got into LSE tho so it wasn’t the end of the world! The top courses are just really competitive I guess, it’s not very common to receive offers from all 3 of those top unis since they all have different values!
Reply 5
I got into Warwick exon with predictions of A*AA
Reply 6
Original post by Sophee7
I got into Warwick exon with predictions of A*AA

Wa the A* in maths because I’m predicted A*AA but no A* in maths

Quick Reply

Latest