The Student Room Group

What do you make of this ?

My gf's mother had passed away a couple months ago. And they held a funeral for her this week. Unfortunately I will not be able to go as I have very important matters to attend to in Spain. My gf always hangs out with me and is not able to be without me for five minutes. The problem is because im not able to attend the funeral my gf would like to come to Spain with me instead of going to her on mothers funeral.
Grief affects people in widely different ways, the funeral of a close family member, and especially a parent is very stressful for anybody and some people would rather not face it alone and would turn to a loved one for support. I would ask you if the matters that you need to attend to in Spain are so important that you could not defer them to be there supporting your GF at this difficult time? I know when my partners father passed away they wanted to be with me rather than other family members and I didn't think twice about telling my work and other commitments that my priority would be to spend my time helping them however I could. Maybe your GF does not want to go to the funeral even if you could go, but the fact she wants to be with you instead should not be regarded as strange, it is more a reflection of the strength of her feelings for you, and you should think very carefully about how best you can support her at what is a very difficult and emotional time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending