The Student Room Group

2nd degree in paramedic science

Hi,
I’m interested in applying for a paramedic science course in Bournemouth.
But i previously studied a degree in 2018, and used 2 years of funding.
I’d like to know where I stand with funding from student finance for the paramedic science degree?
As I know other healthcare degree’s you can study regardless if you’ve done other years of studying.

Thanks you
Original post by Alisharay123
Hi,
I’m interested in applying for a paramedic science course in Bournemouth.
But i previously studied a degree in 2018, and used 2 years of funding.
I’d like to know where I stand with funding from student finance for the paramedic science degree?
As I know other healthcare degree’s you can study regardless if you’ve done other years of studying.

Thanks you

Hi Ali, just to confirm have you gained a qualification and would you be studying the paramedic course full or part time? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Ali, just to confirm have you gained a qualification and would you be studying the paramedic course full or part time? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

no I didn’t gain a qualification from it and I’d be studying full time.
Thanks Alisha
Hi Jason,

no I didn’t gain a qualification from it and I’d be studying full time.
Thanks Alisha

Thank you.

Are you going to be receiving funding from the Ambulance Service Trust?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you.

Are you going to be receiving funding from the Ambulance Service Trust?

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

no I wouldn’t be getting funding.

Thanks Alisha
Hi Jason,

no I wouldn’t be getting funding.

Thanks Alisha

Thank you. So you would be fully funded from us then (minus any previous study). The NHS do class paramedic courses as an AHP exception course but this doesn't qualify for the previous study exemption with SFE. You mentioned you have 2 years of previous study so your funded would be as follows

Year 1: Maintenance loan and any other supplementary grants
Year 2: Full Funding
Year 3: Full Funding
And if applicable Year 4: Full Funding

So for year 1 your fees would be blocked. There is a route to get fees for year 1 if you've previously left a course or had to repeat due to reasons outwith your control. If this does apply to you then I've enclosed some further information to get back the year of fees: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending