The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science entry requirements

Throughout my whole life I've always wanted to become a paramedic. After completing my GCSEs I kind of went into my Level 3 Animal Management Extended Diploma without doing much research purely because I liked animals and the modules interested me, I had no idea what opportunities would be available after this.
I've been looking recently to applying for veterinary bioscience as this interests me but none of the careers after really interest me, I still have my sights set on becoming a paramedic.
I've been looking at the entry requirements for a Paramedic Science degree and most seem to accept BTECs in 'science based' subjects. The modules for my Animal Management course are mainly science based including biology; health & diseases, nutrition, nursing, behaviour/psychology and we also have a module on ethics.
Would this class as a science based subject that could get me onto the paramedic science degree or am I better off looking for apprenticeships etc.?
These universities want your money at the end of the day! But they want to see your passion also which you clearly have. I recommend you call the administrations team of the universities you’re looking to attend and see what they’d be willing to accept
Reply 2
Original post by Ellyturpin
These universities want your money at the end of the day! But they want to see your passion also which you clearly have. I recommend you call the administrations team of the universities you’re looking to attend and see what they’d be willing to accept

Thank you for the advice, I've already emailed some of them today and I will call them as well if necessary 😁
Reply 3
Original post by Jo7sie
Thank you for the advice, I've already emailed some of them today and I will call them as well if necessary 😁

What was the outcome of this?

Quick Reply

Latest