The Student Room Group

Will a court acquittal of sexual misconduct effect my ability to work in the NHS?

I was falsely accused of sexual misconduct whilst at university studying Physiotherapy. I was charged but later acquitted at court.

This will show on an enhanced DBS. I have always maintained my innocence but I'm scared the enhanced DBS will see potential employers discriminate against me. To be honest, I can understand why the nature of my acquittal would scare them. However, I don't see why I should suffer when I am innocent and did nothing wrong.

I would be grateful if anyone has any advice to offer, or knows of people in similar situations and has solutions to suggest.

Thanks
Reply 2
Hi if what you are saying is true then you would need to fight your corner and get that removed. It would be best to speak to your lawyer who represented you at court and ask then what repercussions it can have on your future employment. Also I would make a complaint against the accuser or accusers (if more than one) and take them to court too for false accusations. I would also threaten the university by saying you will talk about this in the news papers if you don`t help me with removing this and claiming my innocence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending