The Student Room Group

going for the uni vs the city

sorry if the title is confusing i didn't know how to word it, anyway im in a bit of a dilemma because i picked warwick as my insurance as it seemed like the better uni overall (and for my course as well) when i was researching compared to my other choice cardiff

however i would've loved to pick cardiff for the city, first of all it's cheaper and im worried finances, plus it just seems the nicer place to stay so now im considering changing my insurance to cardiff but im not sure

obviously im going university for the degree so going warwick may still be better but it's also where i will be staying for 3 years and honestly i haven't heard a lot of good things about coventry?

now im stuck between whether i should just change my insurance or stick with what i already decided, i mean i know they're both still russell groups but i thought warwick may provide better opportunities, im just worried about staying there though if i don't end up getting into my firm choice (warwick and cardiff basically have the same entry requirements btw)
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Which course do you prefer?
'Reputation', and Uni/city environment mean nothing if you don't enjoy what you are studying every day.

Are you taking A levels? ie. when is your results day.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Which course do you prefer?
'Reputation', and Uni/city environment mean nothing if you don't enjoy what you are studying every day.

Are you taking A levels? ie. when is your results day.

yes i’ve already finished a levels and my results days on the 17th of august, both of the course materials for the unis looked interesting to me so i thinks that’s another reason im being indecisive
Reply 3
It may be still possible to switch your F and I choice - but you need to be VERY certain about this decision before you contact UCAS to instigate the change. You must do this soon - you certainly can't do it after early August.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
It may be still possible to switch your F and I choice - but you need to be VERY certain about this decision before you contact UCAS to instigate the change. You must do this soon - you certainly can't do it after early August.

thank you for the reply again :smile: i already called ucas and asked about it, i have until the 21st of july to change my mind, my firm is something else anyway i was just wondering if i should change my insurance choice, but i might keep it the way it is in case i regret changing
Reply 5
Original post by astrostial
thank you for the reply again :smile: i already called ucas and asked about it, i have until the 21st of july to change my mind, my firm is something else anyway i was just wondering if i should change my insurance choice, but i might keep it the way it is in case i regret changing

Which degree?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Which degree?

biochemistry
Reply 7
biochemistry

Cardiff is probably better known for this subject.
Reply 8
Cardiff is probably better known for this subject.

i wasn't aware, i thought it was warwick that's better? do u have anywhere i could look at for this information
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
If Coventry is a big issue for you, it's worth noting that the uni is very much on the outskirts, and a lot of students at Warwick have nothing to do with Coventry beyond going to the train station or the odd club night/society trip. The campus itself and Leamington are the bases for most student life.

(Not to say you shouldn't carefully consider based on your other preferences, but as someone who was also massively put off by Coventry, it really was a non-issue in the end!)
Reply 10
Original post by Interea
If Coventry is a big issue for you, it's worth noting that the uni is very much on the outskirts, and a lot of students at Warwick have nothing to do with Coventry beyond going to the train station or the odd club night/society trip. The campus itself and Leamington are the bases for most student life.

(Not to say you shouldn't carefully consider based on your other preferences, but as someone who was also massively put off by Coventry, it really was a non-issue in the end!)

okay thank u then !
really? i thought it was warwick, do u have anywhere i could look at for this information

Warwick is Maths and MORSE focused ... if you like both courses then go for the place your prefer. I don't rate league tables.
Reply 12
Warwick is Maths and MORSE focused ... if you like both courses then go for the place your prefer. I don't rate league tables.

thank you ! i was looking at warwick as a uni in general, but im looking more into the course as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending