The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

bristol vs durham

hey

could anyone going to either uni provide any insight into them? pros and cons and stuff :smile:

doesn't matter about course since i like both - im thinking about extra curricular, nightlife, the city etcetc

thank you!!
(edited 7 months ago)
I went to Bristol and had an offer from durham but declined it. I would say the most important thing is what do you want out of your university experience, do you want to be in a vibrant city with a big night life scene with raves and night clubs, or do you want to go to a uni town for a more intimate experience with social being dictated more by the activities your college provides. If I could do it again I would rather have gone to durham just because I think now as a graduate I still have access to the vibrant life of a city as an adult and would have preferred to have a quieter uni experience with more formal and less of a heavy night life culture. I would also say depending on course durham is generally stronger reputation wise but they're both good unis so I don't think the difference is that significant.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest