The Student Room Group

Cambridge Architecture A levels

Could I get into Cambridge for architecture with Art, Biology, and English A levels?
I am could swap biology with history. Sadly, I am awful at math and physics and won't be able to apply with such low A level results. However, I know it is almost essential for Cambridge to have either math or physics? Could I get in?
Reply 1
No, of course you can't
If any Uni lists specific subjects and you don't have them, it will be an immediate rejection.
Reply 2
You don't need math or physics for all of the colleges, only a few. However, they prefer to have them...
Reply 3
Original post by ElizabethCD
You don't need math or physics for all of the colleges, only a few. However, they prefer to have them...

RIBA accredited courses will usually want Maths or Physics, or even both.
There are plenty of 'arty' BA Architecture courses out there but they dont allow you to actually work as an Architect.
Original post by McGinger
RIBA accredited courses will usually want Maths or Physics, or even both.
There are plenty of 'arty' BA Architecture courses out there but they dont allow you to actually work as an Architect.

This isn’t true

The vast majority of RIBA accredited courses don’t require maths or physics.

Those that prefer or require them are a very very small minority.
13CED23D-FA52-4E60-9A27-6E04114BE44E.png
Page 2 of the RIBA leaflet about architecture training
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by ElizabethCD

It’s worth doing your research into the requirements of the different colleges

It’s also worth reading the RIBA reviews for each university - Cambridge architecture isn’t particularly strong compared to many others. If you want to be an architect then it’s worth checking out the broad range of options available.

@normaw has put together a marvellous summary of the current requirements for all UK architecture degrees (with those with pending RIBA accreditation flagged). You’d have a lot of options with your chosen subjects https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending