The Student Room Group

Cancelling student finance for a gap year - SFE

Hi! I've dropped out of Uni a few days ago, planning to take a gap year, and applying for a Uni closer to home.

I've contacted SFE, and of course, my Uni about dropping out. My uni said they would inform SFE regarding my withdrawal...but I'm not sure I trust it fully.

I contacted SFE and they gave the same information about dropping out and what would happen that I already knew - with giving back maintenance loans and stuff. I contacted about 3-4days ago at the time of this post.

Should I ring them just to confirm that I need to stop my payments? Or do I trust my University?

Thanks for reading!
Original post by throwka
Hi! I've dropped out of Uni a few days ago, planning to take a gap year, and applying for a Uni closer to home.

I've contacted SFE, and of course, my Uni about dropping out. My uni said they would inform SFE regarding my withdrawal...but I'm not sure I trust it fully.

I contacted SFE and they gave the same information about dropping out and what would happen that I already knew - with giving back maintenance loans and stuff. I contacted about 3-4days ago at the time of this post.

Should I ring them just to confirm that I need to stop my payments? Or do I trust my University?

Thanks for reading!

Hi there, you would need to make sure the university sends us over a 'change of circumstance' to block any fees from being paid. If you've asked us to block any further maintenance loan then this will have been actioned. Once the university updates us it can take 15 working days as an estimated timescale to update for you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending