The Student Room Group

Is the maintenance loan capped at 4 years funding like tuition fee?

I’m retaking second year on modular basis and I wanted to self pay the tuition fee as only £1000 and I don’t lose tuition fees as only have 1 year left. originally I wanted to cancel student finance but now student finance told me I can still get a maintenance loan for this year and next? Is this true or can I get for than four years? You see as I started a different course in first year dropped out after 2 weeks - then reapplied next year on different course and was under the impression I could only have 4 years funding total and the drop out course counted as a year

Any advice is great thanks
Original post by Username462
I’m retaking second year on modular basis and I wanted to self pay the tuition fee as only £1000 and I don’t lose tuition fees as only have 1 year left. originally I wanted to cancel student finance but now student finance told me I can still get a maintenance loan for this year and next? Is this true or can I get for than four years? You see as I started a different course in first year dropped out after 2 weeks - then reapplied next year on different course and was under the impression I could only have 4 years funding total and the drop out course counted as a year

Any advice is great thanks

Hi there,

What is the name of your course and university?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

What is the name of your course and university?

Thanks, Graeme

Computer science at keele university
Original post by Username462
Computer science at keele university

Hi there,

Thank you. Yes, you will continue to receive the Maintenance Loan as it is only the Tuition Fee Loan that is affected by previous study. The Maintenance Loan would only be affected if you held an equal level qualification.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending