The Student Room Group

i’m predicted BBB, what are my chances of getting onto a course asking for AAB?

I want to apply for Biomed science at the following unis
-Leeds Uni (AAB)
-Manchester Uni (AAB)
-Liverpool Uni (ABB)
-MMU (BBC)
-Warwick Uni (AAB)
Should i change my choices? I feel like i’d most likely be rejected by most of them even if my personal statement is really strong
No harm in trying but I would take out a couple and replace with lower offer courses to optimise your chances of getting an offer. 4 out of 5 higher than predicted is too many.
Agree with the above advice. You can also apply to 3/4 uni's initially and wait and see if you get offers. Then you know whether your remaining choices (to be submitted by the Jan deadline) can be safe or aspirational.

Also bear in mind that even if you get an AAB offer, you might not be accepted on results day with either BBB or even ABB.
Original post by tomatogirl3
I want to apply for Biomed science at the following unis
-Leeds Uni (AAB)
-Manchester Uni (AAB)
-Liverpool Uni (ABB)
-MMU (BBC)
-Warwick Uni (AAB)
Should i change my choices? I feel like i’d most likely be rejected by most of them even if my personal statement is really strong

Hi there!

If they are all Universities you liked, and you believe you can realistically meet the grades of these Universities then I believe there is no reason to change your choices.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
(edited 10 months ago)
IMO you should have at least one more choice BBB or lower. You certainly have a shot at some ABB or AAB courses, often there is a tolerance applied on predicted grades, but I don't think you should fill up your list with options above your predicteds. (unless you would be happy being left with MMU) I would nudge towards having maybe like 3 BBC/BBB options, then two ABB/AAB which would seem like a reasonable spread and should leave you with some offers you are happy with.

Also echo AdmitOne's advice that if they then give you an offer for AAB, the baseline will then be AAB and accepting you on less would rely on some leniency on their part and might become a toss-up based on how other offer holders have done. (and I wouldn't recommend putting yourself in this situation deliberately without a good insurance that you are happy with)
(edited 10 months ago)
That is a good point, _gcx. However, if you are happy with the insurance choice of MMU I would imagine that even if you slipped down to BCC (i.e. one grade off the offer) then you should still get accepted there. But as you said this is always dependent upon number on the course, other students etc.

Malachy - Unviersity of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending