The Student Room Group

Clearing

I understand that clearing opened from the 5th of this month. I was looking at a particular uni to see whether pharmacy was available. It was not available, I am wondering have they reserved clearing places for the popular courses for A level results day.

If I check again on results day, could pharmacy be available in clearing even though its not available right now?
Original post by Sara_546
I understand that clearing opened from the 5th of this month. I was looking at a particular uni to see whether pharmacy was available. It was not available, I am wondering have they reserved clearing places for the popular courses for A level results day.

If I check again on results day, could pharmacy be available in clearing even though its not available right now?

They dont have reserved places. If a university can fill its places it wont go into clearing for that course. However more courses will be available in clearing when results are known, Your course may or may not not end up in clearing. The more popular the course the less likely it will be in clearing.
Reply 2
'Main' Clearing - on A level Results Day - is the final opportunity for Unis to fill courses, so its possible other subjects may be available then. Or not. Its impossible to predict in advance. For Pharmacy, contact the Unis asking for the lowest grades as they are the more likely ones to be in Clearing, however Pharmacy has been very popular this year and they may be no Clearing places at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending