The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CAS

Hello to all international fellas!
I am starting UAL foundation this September and i still haven't received CAS number, which is required for my visa. Obtaining a visa in my country is a long process and I am anxious of not getting it on time. Everyone I know in other unis have already received their CAS and are ready to apply for student visa, but UAL seems much more disorganised. Anyone in the same boat?

Scroll to see replies

Contact the uni asap and let them know.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I am starting UAL foundation this September and i still haven't received CAS number, which is required for my visa. Obtaining a visa in my country is a long process and I am anxious of not getting it on time. Everyone I know in other unis have already received their CAS and are ready to apply for student visa, but UAL seems much more disorganised. Anyone in the same boat?

Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
Reply 3
Contact the uni asap and let them know.

I already did and they don't answer for 4 days/ and my offer is still conditional, however, i uploaded required documents in june
are your uploaded documents still written as ‘uploaded’ on the side or do they say ‘not accepted’ ‘accepted’ etc. also, which country are u from?
Reply 5
I am an unconditional offer holder, and my course starts on 2nd October. I still didn't receive a CAS number. They are pretty distracted by their graduation ceremony this week, so we must wait until Thursday, 20th July, when UAL Portal finishes its maintenance. (This is my guess)
Original post by rollingbb8
I am an unconditional offer holder, and my course starts on 2nd October. I still didn't receive a CAS number. They are pretty distracted by their graduation ceremony this week, so we must wait until Thursday, 20th July, when UAL Portal finishes its maintenance. (This is my guess)

me too! I received an autogenerated email about the further process and CAS - about how they will request the document on UAL portal and to not contact them about it since they are swamped. Although I haven't received any request on the portal, I think I will also just wait it out.
Isn't CAS given only when your results are out? So you'd wait until results day if your offer is conditional isn't it?
Original post by Bookworm524
Isn't CAS given only when your results are out? So you'd wait until results day if your offer is conditional isn't it?

Yes! The offer should be unconditional and if you're an overseas/international student then you should have paid the deposit.
Reply 9
In the same boat--I'm starting my BA program in September and am getting so anxious by the lack of communication from UAL. I have been contacting my country representative, admissions, and funding about various issues, including getting my CAS, for over 5 weeks now, and have not received any responses (apart from one generic funding response that I eventually found in my spam folder) whatsoever. I just get repeated "we're working on your request" emails and am feeling so disheartened. My offer is still "conditional" despite my supporting documents being uploaded April 14th, and my deposit being paid early May. During the international offer holder seminar two Fridays ago they said NOT to contact them about CAS and that they're just behind and working on confirming everyone in order, which made me feel better temporarily, but given it's been another 10 days and my supporting documents have been uploaded to portal for over three months, I don't know how true this is :frown:
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by yuqqy
In the same boat--I'm starting my BA program in September and am getting so anxious by the lack of communication from UAL. I have been contacting my country representative, admissions, and funding about various issues, including getting my CAS, for over 5 weeks now, and have not received any responses (apart from one generic funding response that I eventually found in my spam folder) whatsoever. I just get repeated "we're working on your request" emails and am feeling so disheartened. My offer is still "conditional" despite my supporting documents being uploaded April 14th, and my deposit being paid early May. During the international offer holder seminar two Fridays ago they said NOT to contact them about CAS and that they're just behind and working on confirming everyone in order, which made me feel better temporarily, but given it's been another 10 days and my supporting documents have been uploaded to portal for over three months, I don't know how true this is :frown:

I'm sure the big part of all this delay must be the graduation ceremony which ended last week and also the move to the new location probably - it is quite tedious.
About the update on UAL portal - it's just a bit different I guess because for my scholarship application too, the committee e-mailed for more evidence which I also provided but it never got updated on the portal. I did get an e-mail confirmation from the team, though.
I would suggest you to give them time and since it's a delay on their end, I think they will have the timelines worked out all things considered. Which country are you in? Just find out how much time it takes for the visa to get approved and try to keep other things ready - I know it sounds easier than done and I, myself, am struggling with the finances, just everything in general but you have come so far! Be positive. It will happen!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 11
Update for anyone else still waiting or who may see this in future years: as of today, 28th July, my portal has been updated to say my qualification documents are accepted and my status is "pending UCAS update"! I feel like this means the CAS will follow shortly.
Original post by yuqqy
Update for anyone else still waiting or who may see this in future years: as of today, 28th July, my portal has been updated to say my qualification documents are accepted and my status is "pending UCAS update"! I feel like this means the CAS will follow shortly.

hi! i'm also currently waiting for my CAS number, and the status of my qualification documents in my portal hasn't been updated yet, so i wanted to know if you already received your CAS and, if so, how long did it take?
Reply 13
Original post by vinuelaflora
hi! i'm also currently waiting for my CAS number, and the status of my qualification documents in my portal hasn't been updated yet, so i wanted to know if you already received your CAS and, if so, how long did it take?

I did get it, on Friday August 4th! So it was a week after my qualifying documents were accepted. It came pretty late at night UK time so I think they are working extra- hope yours comes today!
Reply 14
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking. When you state qualifying documents were accepted, was this a specific status in the portal or was this when your offer changed to unconditional? Thank you.
Reply 15
Original post by NickyLJ
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking. When you state qualifying documents were accepted, was this a specific status in the portal or was this when your offer changed to unconditional? Thank you.

i don’t mind! the documents were “accepted” on the portal on the 28th (the status updated next to the file name) and my offer became unconditional the next day (on Saturday oddly enough, the 29th). Then I got my CAS on the 4th.
Reply 16
Thanks so much. if you don't mind me asking another question, when does your course date start please? Thank you so much again. Good luck with your studies and welcome :smile: for the new term. It's great that you have your CAS. I hope the rest goes smoothly.
Reply 17
Original post by NickyLJ
Thanks so much. if you don't mind me asking another question, when does your course date start please? Thank you so much again. Good luck with your studies and welcome :smile: for the new term. It's great that you have your CAS. I hope the rest goes smoothly.

Thank you so much! My course starts 25 September- BA Textile Design at CSM.
Original post by Anonymous

Same boat but I am applying for GCU. They only 11 business days left to issue a CAS and I’m panicking.
Reply 19
Hello, if you don't mind me asking, was the email that they sent you came with an official acceptance later along with the CAS? or was it only the CAS?
Original post by yuqqy
i don’t mind! the documents were “accepted” on the portal on the 28th (the status updated next to the file name) and my offer became unconditional the next day (on Saturday oddly enough, the 29th). Then I got my CAS on the 4th.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending