The Student Room Group

Withdrawing CAS & Accepted Unconditional Offer Letter to Other Uni

Hello there! I am an international student who accepted her unconditional offer letter to study at LSHTM this Sept 2023. I've got my CAS for this too as it was part of the unconditional offer requirement, but recently I just got the news that I'm accepted into UCL. I'm considering to move to UCL. Can I still withdraw the offer from LSHTM? And can I still apply for a new CAS?

Thanks a lot and appreciate the help!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Is this a postgraduate course?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Is this a postgraduate course?

Yes it is!
You can get as many CASs as you like. Once you use one to apply for a visa then the others are cancelled.
Yes you can apply for UCL CAS. At the same time you can write LSHTM to withdraw the CAS. It is not ethical to hold more than one CAS. You should be transparent in all the steps.
Original post by ashrafrhd27
Yes you can apply for UCL CAS. At the same time you can write LSHTM to withdraw the CAS. It is not ethical to hold more than one CAS. You should be transparent in all the steps.

This thread is 5 months old so all resolved now.

Why is it ethical to hold multiple offers but not to be issued with multiple CAS's?
Original post by Admit-One
This thread is 5 months old so all resolved now.

Why is it ethical to hold multiple offers but not to be issued with multiple CAS's?

I think holding multiple CAS at a time may restrict the university to enroll another student in place of you. In every university, number of student is fixed. so if a person holds 3 CASs (say) from three different universities at a time, then probably two potential students will be deprived to get admitted to the universities. In that point of view, if some one decide not to enroll into the programme after receiving CAS, he/she should immediately inform the university to withdraw the CAS.
I think holding multiple CAS at a time may restrict the university to enroll another student in place of you. In every university, number of student is fixed. so if a person holds 3 CASs (say) from three different universities at a time, then probably two potential students will be deprived to get admitted to the universities. In that point of view, if some one decide not to enroll into the programme after receiving CAS, he/she should immediately inform the university to withdraw the CAS.

No, unis factor in that not all CAS holders will join them. It's not a limiting factor on student admissions. Taking a CAS doesn't hold up a place that could be taken by another student.

Agree with the last part though.

Irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending