The Student Room Group

Queen Marys Uni Clearing Economics

I saw Economic degrees available through clearing but I don't do A level Maths. I did Chemistry, Biology and economics. Is it likely I could get on to this course?
Original post by Teachmepls
I saw Economic degrees available through clearing but I don't do A level Maths. I did Chemistry, Biology and economics. Is it likely I could get on to this course?

Their grade requirements may lower on results day if it is still available, but unis don't remove essential subjects in clearing. So, no chance I'm afraid.
Original post by Teachmepls

Maths is a required A level. They wont accept you without it. Either look elsewhere that doesnt have this requirement or take a gap year and take Mathis in a year. If they offer a foundation year they might offer you that instead.

Here is a list I prepared a few years ago of universities not requiring A level Maths for Economics. Things might have changed but you could use this as a starting point.

Economics without A level Maths

Aberystwyth grade 4
Aston grade 5
Bangor grade 4
East Anglia grade 5
Essex grade 5
Hull grade 4
Kent grade 5
Lancaster grade 6
Leicester grade 5
Loughborough grade 6/7
Nottingham grade 7
Queens Belfast grade A
Reading grade 6
Royal Holloway grade 7
Stirling grade 4
Srathclyde grade 6
Surrey grade 7
Sussex grade 6
Swansea grade 5
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Admit-One
Their grade requirements may lower on results day if it is still available, but unis don't remove essential subjects in clearing. So, no chance I'm afraid.

hi i was wondering how clearing work? on the QMUL clearing site it says economics and finance is AAA but its the same as pre clearing entry requirement. can you let me know how much grades I'm allowed to fall to still be considered in clearing?
Original post by malakiebind
hi i was wondering how clearing work? on the QMUL clearing site it says economics and finance is AAA but its the same as pre clearing entry requirement. can you let me know how much grades I'm allowed to fall to still be considered in clearing?

This ‘early clearing’ stage is more about picking up people with achieved grades: AL’s from last year, IB, HKDSE etc. For that reason unis don’t usually lower their requirements at all, (because they haven’t processed the bulk of results, they’ll only know how much space they’ll have once they process this years AL’s).

From AL results that’s usually when there may be drops in the required grades. One or two grades is common. Unis either publish the specific requirements on their websites, or just list the courses and ask you to call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending