The Student Room Group

Muslim looking for partner :(

Hey all, just wanted to ask what muslims are doing these days to find "the one." I've tried apps, which haven't gone great and when I get approached in public it's usually by guys who aren't my type or aren't Muslim.

I'm a female and in my early 20s. I've graduated from uni and will start working soon, I just want to settle down now, but the journey has been long hahhahaha, help a sister outttt.
That's haram, your family must choice your husband
Will you only date muslim guys? Is this your preference and not anybody else's (i.e. family, an Imam)?

Make sure that you are doing what you want - don't try and please others!

- Taylor :bee:
Are you trying to do it the “halal way” which I think is a term Muslims use.
Reply 4
Original post by taylor2317
Will you only date muslim guys? Is this your preference and not anybody else's (i.e. family, an Imam)?

Make sure that you are doing what you want - don't try and please others!

- Taylor :bee:

Thank you Taylor!! Unfortunately yes, as a muslim woman I can only marry a muslim man, which is okay with me but it definitely limits choice.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Are you trying to do it the “halal way” which I think is a term Muslims use.

Not reallyyy, I don't think that's very realistic in this day in age
Hahaha in a very similar position to you right now, you could start looking from a close circle like friends of friends and try to network?
Reply 7
Hahaha in a very similar position to you right now, you could start looking from a close circle like friends of friends and try to network?

The struggle right :frown:( and thats something im starting to try out now but the thought of having mutual friends with my partner kind of scares ne hahaha
The struggle right :frown:( and thats something im starting to try out now but the thought of having mutual friends with my partner kind of scares ne hahaha

Fair enough - not my personal advice but maybe try to go to places/events which lie close to your interests? Basically, if you find someone idk at a gym it means you both have the common interest of working out, which can be a way to start the conversation?
That's haram, your family must choice your husband

???
Reply 10
Fair enough - not my personal advice but maybe try to go to places/events which lie close to your interests? Basically, if you find someone idk at a gym it means you both have the common interest of working out, which can be a way to start the conversation?

This is also one I could try! Thank you, I'm a super shy person but what's the worst that could happen. Have you tried this before?
Reply 11
Hi!

I personally am not a huge fan of using dating apps for a relationship. Hence, my suggestion would be to try to track down an individual around you in real life. Hopefully, you'll get one. Another thing I would like to point out is that don't be in a hurry. Take time to find the right person and then you can get settled. Remember we make wrong decisions or choices when we become desperate to discover our desired things. So, be mindful of it. Good luck! 😊
(edited 9 months ago)
This is also one I could try! Thank you, I'm a super shy person but what's the worst that could happen. Have you tried this before?

Not yet - didn't get a chance to go to the places where I want to meet someone hahaha
Reply 13
Original post by Meheraj
Hi!

I personally am not a huge fan of using dating apps for a relationship. Hence, my suggestion would be to try to track down an individual around you in real life. Hopefully, you'll get one. Another thing I would like to point out is that don't be in a hurry. Take time to find the right person and then you can get settled. Remember we make wrong decisions or choices when we become desperate to discover our desired things. So, be mindful of it. Good luck! 😊

Thanks for your message! Yeah I know it shouldn't be rushed, it should just kind of be natural, but I at least want to find a potential now. Sadly, (probably the case for a lot of muslim girls), there aren't people in my life who can actually fulfill that as I didn't have many male friends or have the chance to get to know any earlier, that's why I've been trying these apps, even though they haven't been great looool
Reply 14
Not yet - didn't get a chance to go to the places where I want to meet someone hahaha

I feel you, good luck honestly, it's hard out here hahaha, I should maybe get a gym membership lmao
Reply 15
Thanks for your message! Yeah I know it shouldn't be rushed, it should just kind of be natural, but I at least want to find a potential now. Sadly, (probably the case for a lot of muslim girls), there aren't people in my life who can actually fulfill that as I didn't have many male friends or have the chance to get to know any earlier, that's why I've been trying these apps, even though they haven't been great looool

No worries! 😊 For some people, it's very easy to uncover a life partner whilst it takes ages for others. So, your time will come for sure even though it could be a few days earlier or later. Provided that you want a possibile one now, interacting more with males wouldn't be a bad idea. Hence, try to do that which at least will give you an insight to know our kind. Well, I've got some female friends whose families are really strict but they do let their girls interact with boys or maybe they make their way to do that. By the way, are you from a conservative family and where do you hail from because you said you didn't have the chance to engage with boys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending