The Student Room Group

can i apply in clearing with a firm?

i have firmed a university but i don't want to go to it anymore. can I apply to unis through clearing without rejecting my firmed offer?

i don't want to be left with no university if I end up getting rejected from clearing.
You can only go through clearing if you are currently holding no offers.

It's designed for people who didn't get an offer, not those looking to "trade up" without giving up their current offer.
Reply 2
You cannot do anything until you have your results.

Then you can talk to any Uni you like but you can't actually be made a formal Clearing offer until you give up any other place,
Original post by alisha1692
i have firmed a university but i don't want to go to it anymore. can I apply to unis through clearing without rejecting my firmed offer?

i don't want to be left with no university if I end up getting rejected from clearing.

Hey @alisha1692

As everyone has said, it is very possible for you to apply to another university through clearing. However, you must be mindful that the offers you receive from other universities through clearing have a deadline and failure to accept it by the deadline might result in your verbal conditional offer being withdrawn. Additionally, you won't be able to accept the clearing offers if you hold any other firm offer from a university so bare this in mind.

If you have any other questions regarding Clearing, don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

All the best!

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student & Clearing Assistant)
Original post by alisha1692

There is a very comprehensive clearing FAQ thread here. Have a read through it so that you are prepared for results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending