The Student Room Group

clearing

this is gonna sound so stupid and it’s probably just me becoming paranoid about results day.
I’ve already got a firm and insurance in place, but i am also getting prepared for the worst outcome which for me is clearing. So with that, i applied to different unis through the clearing app and one university got back to me asking my UCAS code. This is where the stupid question comes in: am I at risk of losing my firm and insurance before results day since I have already registered my interest for other unis (in case) ?
The clearing app is a scam. Avoid it if you can. It will only show universities that have paid the app promoter a huge fee.

If you want to search for clearing vacancies use the ucas website. If you want to enquire/apply for clearing at a university then go to their website.

Giving a university your UCAS ID doesn’t risk your firm choice. But because you aren’t in clearing they won’t be able to access your application details and will be able to see that you have a firm choice already.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
The clearing app is a scam. Avoid it if you can. It will only show universities that have paid the app promoter a huge fee.

If you want to search for clearing vacancies use the ucas website. If you want to enquire/apply for clearing at a university then go to their website.

Giving a university your UCAS ID doesn’t risk your firm choice. But because you aren’t in clearing they won’t be able to access your application details and will be able to see that you have a firm choice already.

ok tysm, that put my stressed mind at ease :,)

I was so confused about the app suddenly arising welp.

So the fact that i have registered my interest does not infiltrate my firm and insurance, if i understand correctly?
Original post by gyahrralist
ok tysm, that put my stressed mind at ease :,)

I was so confused about the app suddenly arising welp.

So the fact that i have registered my interest does not infiltrate my firm and insurance, if i understand correctly?

That’s right

But I would recommend that you delete your registration on the app and uninstall it from your phone.
Use ucas and university websites for clearing information. The clearing app (“university compare” ) are harvesting your data to sell on to whichever universities pay them the most
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
That’s right

But I would recommend that you delete your registration on the app and uninstall it from your phone.
Use ucas and university websites for clearing information. The clearing app (“university compare” ) are harvesting your data to sell on to whichever universities pay them the most

oh lord, how do i un-register

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending