The Student Room Group

Need some clarification regarding my brothers situation please.

Hi!
So my brother had completed his Grade 12 back in 2022. And he had received a U in both Bio and Chem. He scored a E in both back in AS.
(In the uae)
Currently he has re sat his AS, Bio and Chem. And seeing how hes been working due to circumstances I dont believe he would recieve a satisfactory mark but I can only pray.

I want to know that if he were to recieve a higher score would this change his grade in the A2 category anyway whatsoever or would he have to resit A2 as well.
I've checked his grade pdf file and the school has placed rather then E for AS all U's and for A2 numberwise ones like 5/? And another 3/?.
I know he cant get the paper rechecked it's been a year but I feel the exam board had made a mistake regarding his final grade.

If any additional information is needed to help me get to an understanding regarding this please let me know has my brother keeps everything locked in and expresses very very rarely.
my only choice was asking for help here.
Thank you
Reply 1
Most schools no longer do AS levels, and in england even if you do them, I dont think they count to ur final A level grade. In the rest of britain they can be up to 40% I believe. "At the end of the first year, you take exams in all your subjects. If you're taking a full A-level, these results won't have any impact on your final grade (although they could help shape your predicted grades). If you're just taking the subject as an AS-level, this exam will determine your final grade.". If ur in england these might just be predicted grades, and elsehwere u would have to ask the school directly how it will affect his final grade

Quick Reply

Latest