The Student Room Group

Exam resources for Further Maths

Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and does anyone have any recommendations of where they get resources to study Further Maths?
Reply 1
What exam board are you on?

The pearson edexcel books are great imo, you can also find a solution bank with worked solutions on physicsandmaths tutoras well as every past paper back until 2004 ish( beware anything pre 2019 is old spec, but a lot of it is still very useful)

I never liked learning from videos but many people in my class found TL maths and Bicen maths useful, there's also a ton more youtube channels available so search around.

Dr Frost maths is pretty good too.

I used MadasMaths a lot, especially for mechanics. But be aware that it's no longer being updated/most is out of date. So use it at your own discretion.
Reply 2
Original post by Shinei17
Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and does anyone have any recommendations of where they get resources to study Further Maths?

Madas maths is great for practice on more difficult questions + papers too
Reply 3

Hey! I was thinking of doing fm since I really like it can you tell me how it is cuz I am indecisive whether to pick it or not. I am planning on picking further maths maths and economics does that seem good .Btw I am in year 11 going into year 12 my predicted grade for maths is an 8 could’ve been a 9 if I read the questions properly but I want to know your experience and all. Also should I prepare in summer

It really depends on your exam board.

I’d say be cautious around using MadasMaths, since most of it is old spec and some of the materials would be largely irrelevant for the new spec - always check the content of any Madas resources you use against the specification.

AMSP and PMT are the two universal resources I can definitely recommend at this stage, since both have resources specific to each exam board:

https://amsp.org.uk/resource/15fed818-ad86-4527-ec75-08dabcbf9009/

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/

Original post by Suma::
Hey! I was thinking of doing fm since I really like it can you tell me how it is cuz I am indecisive whether to pick it or not. I am planning on picking further maths maths and economics does that seem good .Btw I am in year 11 going into year 12 my predicted grade for maths is an 8 could’ve been a 9 if I read the questions properly but I want to know your experience and all. Also should I prepare in summer

Depends on what you want to do at uni. That combination of subjects would work beautifully if you want to apply for economics at a top university, for example.

FM is only really worth picking if you really enjoy maths and can be certain of an A/A* in the ordinary mathematics course.

I would say take a look at the A level specifications for all the subjects you are considering taking (you may want to look at the relevant sixth form prospectuses to see which exam boards you are doing and which electives you are doing in FM).

I’d also give the likes of BicenMaths a look to give yourself a taster of some of the year 12 pure content in AS maths and further maths, since it is pretty universal and pure makes up the majority of the maths you will do.
https://m.youtube.com/@BicenMaths/playlists

Quick Reply

Latest