The Student Room Group

Changing parent’s financial information

Hello I’ve had a serious issue with my Student Finance Application and need to make a change. For context, I'm going into second year in September 2023 and for first year, I got the full maintenance loan due to my parents financial status (my mother doesn’t work and my dad isn’t on a very high income). However, this year when I applied, my mother accidentally clicked that she didn’t want to share financial information. My mother doesn’t work so she assumed that that’s what she’s meant to click but because of that, my maintenance loan has been put at the lowest amount even though I’m meant to receive the full amount. My mother sent a letter to student finance but no one has got back to us and I’ve been struggling to get on the phone with SFE. I’m stressed as I only have 2 months left to change my SFE status and get the correct amount. What am I meant to do? Hope you’re able to help, thank you.
Original post by _cb22
Hello I’ve had a serious issue with my Student Finance Application and need to make a change. For context, I'm going into second year in September 2023 and for first year, I got the full maintenance loan due to my parents financial status (my mother doesn’t work and my dad isn’t on a very high income). However, this year when I applied, my mother accidentally clicked that she didn’t want to share financial information. My mother doesn’t work so she assumed that that’s what she’s meant to click but because of that, my maintenance loan has been put at the lowest amount even though I’m meant to receive the full amount. My mother sent a letter to student finance but no one has got back to us and I’ve been struggling to get on the phone with SFE. I’m stressed as I only have 2 months left to change my SFE status and get the correct amount. What am I meant to do? Hope you’re able to help, thank you.

Hi there,

That's ok, she can just complete the PFF2 for digitally and you can upload this to your account for review. I have provided a link to the form below. Our current timescales are approximately 36 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending