The Student Room Group

Cannot submit accommodation application - what should I do?

I received my CAS statement yesterday and I began applying for accommodations today. The deadline to apply for a guaranteed accommodation offer was June 12th. When I was applying, the shared en-suite at Glasney Student Village was the only option available but I was required to choose two even though there's only one. What will happen as a result of this?
Original post by sinnay_
I received my CAS statement yesterday and I began applying for accommodations today. The deadline to apply for a guaranteed accommodation offer was June 12th. When I was applying, the shared en-suite at Glasney Student Village was the only option available but I was required to choose two even though there's only one. What will happen as a result of this?

Hi there,

I hope you are doing okay! While I do not know the exact answer to this question, if I were in this situation, I would contact the university to ask about what would happen as a result and if there was anything further for you to do. Since your application was after June 12th, you probably didn't need to choose 2 because the majority of rooms were taken. You also may not get accommodation in which case you would have to find another option such as looking online for anyone needing a housemate, or the university may try to find you somewhere else. The kind of support they provide will depend on what university you are at.

Good luck!

Rachel - YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending