The Student Room Group

Do you need to write a resignation letter if on probation period at work?

My work said I had 2 week probation but it’s been a month n still not signed a contract but I want to leave and hand in a two week notice , can I just send a formal message or have to give a letter? they don’t use email
Put it in writing. Tell them the date that you are leaving and ensure you ask for all outstanding wages to be paid. You don't have to give a reason, but you can say "due to not being issued with a contract" or "the probation period has shown me that my career lies elsewhere" .Keep a copy.
Original post by SomeonesDad
Put it in writing. Tell them the date that you are leaving and ensure you ask for all outstanding wages to be paid. You don't have to give a reason, but you can say "due to not being issued with a contract" or "the probation period has shown me that my career lies elsewhere" .Keep a copy.

This

Also, make sure you thank them for the opportunity. It costs nothing to be nice and you never know when you will come across these people again so make sure you leave on a good note (thank you for the opportunity, have enjoyed my time here, some high level reason for not wanting to continue, wish them luck with their future endeavours)
Original post by Johnny Valentine
This

Also, make sure you thank them for the opportunity. It costs nothing to be nice and you never know when you will come across these people again so make sure you leave on a good note (thank you for the opportunity, have enjoyed my time here, some high level reason for not wanting to continue, wish them luck with their future endeavours)

Exactly.
Do it by letter, thank them for the opportunity, but say that you are leaving for x/y/z reason and your last day will be x date. Thank them for the opportunity. Be polite. You never know, you may want a reference from them at some point, or end up coming across any of these people later on down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending