The Student Room Group

Quitting a job after the induction?

Hi,

I’ve recently been offered two jobs and after having the induction of one, I’ve realised that I would prefer to take the other one. But is this alright to do, as I’ve given the job bank and contact details, so have I signed a contract or is it alright to do?
Original post by Abi111111
Hi,

I’ve recently been offered two jobs and after having the induction of one, I’ve realised that I would prefer to take the other one. But is this alright to do, as I’ve given the job bank and contact details, so have I signed a contract or is it alright to do?

What is the notice period? I think it should be okay to give them a letter/email of resignation mentioning that it is with immediate effect. Since you literally just started it shouldn't be a problem, good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Abi111111
Hi,

According to https://www.gov.uk/handing-in-your-notice/giving-notice

"You must give at least a week’s notice if you’ve been in your job for more than a month."

If you've only just done your induction it should be fine to just tell them that you've changed your mind about the job and won't be returning. It's best to put this in writing so there's no confusion as to the situation. Do this as soon as you can, as a matter of courtesy.

Sometimes it's obvious very early on that a job isn't for you. Employers should know and understand this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending