The Student Room Group

Wolverhampton MSc psychology mental health and well-being (online)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi
Can anyone give feedback on how they've found the course so far? I have received an offer to begin at the end of October and I am weighing everything up - can I do this part-time, alongside a job and family? I did my undergraduate 20 years ago but it wasn't BPS accredited so this and the subject content ticks a lot of boxes for me.
Hi, I’m also doing it alongside a full time job and it’s a lot of work but manageable. My BSc was nearly 30 years ago. It’s structured well, well organised, easy to manage, and lots of support offered. I’m happy with the course 4 weeks in.
Reply 42
Original post by BenHamilton
Hi, I’m also doing it alongside a full time job and it’s a lot of work but manageable. My BSc was nearly 30 years ago. It’s structured well, well organised, easy to manage, and lots of support offered. I’m happy with the course 4 weeks in.

Thanks so much for replying. Helpful to know it can work alongside other commitments.
Reply 43
Original post by nisha18
Thank u so much Ben for the prompt reply.

Hi,
Did u receive timetable indicating Christmas, Easter and other holidays? If yes for how many days? Besides 7200 GBP fees what are other costs involved and how much?
Original post by Midlands_M
I’m on my fourth module - started earlier this year and I have mixed feedback. I’ve provided it all to the online facilitators and course team. It’s a shame as it has the potential to be a brilliant course but the basics are lacking.
It’s very hit and miss with online facilitators and if you get a good one, then it’s a good experience, if not it is a really long and tough 8 or so weeks. Some of the content is very outdated and still talks as though we are living in Covid and lockdown, and lots of statistics are US based, not UK - which is unusual as it’s a UK course and not global.
I’m hoping the Mental Health modules are better as the general psychology ones are not much of a step up from YouTube and filled with TED talks.

Thank you again for providing such detail. Know I had chatting with you before. 4 modules in is brilliant going given how they run it. Well done! Are you managing to complete all the formative tasks? Is it ok if you don’t submit them and just focus on the summative? Doesn’t sound like you’d be chased for them!
No I don’t, I stopped after 2 modules as the feedback is a bit rubbish so doesn’t help with the end assignment. I also try to do some of the online discussions but again, it’s not mandatory and they take a lot of time - what you often find is that people post their thoughts and rarely interact with anyone else (which is where the real value comes in)
I’m optimistic that the course leaders will start to listen as lots and lots of people have given the same feedback. Fingers crossed!

Thank you. That’s what I was thinking. I’d probably rather get my summative clear in my head at the start of the module and focus on that if the feedback isn’t great throughout. I have a few weeks to pay to start at end of Oct but issues with financing so just don’t know if I’ll be able to manage it. Really well done, it will be completed before you know if and hopefully open up some cool opportunities for you.
Reply 46
No, there is a break in Summer and that’s it I think - 2 weeks. And the expectation is that your modules run back to back, so one finishes on the Monday and your next one starts on the Tuesday. Without a break.
Your results come 3 or so weeks after assignment submission, when you’re already then onto the next module.
Additional costs would be any books you choose to buy, they’re all available online but some you may be particularly interested in and purchase yourself.

Thanks for your feedback, how many lessons/hours are there per day for a full time?
Reply 47
Hi eveyone.mThanks for all the helpful information. I will be starting this course part-time in January. Anyone else? It will be nice to get in touch with people who are starting then as well, or even with some people who are a couple of modules in so we can have some discussions about it.
Thanks,
Paula.
Reply 48
Original post by Josephine Black
Thanks for everyone’s input. I am about to join. What do the assessments look like? About 4000 word per module? And how long does the dissertation need to be? Thanks for any help.

Hey, how are you getting on? I just received my unconditional offer for the MSC in mental health and well-being. I am super keen to start, but also reading through a lot of different reviews, I would love an update on how everything is for you.
Reply 49
Original post by PFdez
Hi eveyone.mThanks for all the helpful information. I will be starting this course part-time in January. Anyone else? It will be nice to get in touch with people who are starting then as well, or even with some people who are a couple of modules in so we can have some discussions about it.
Thanks,
Paula.

Hey, I think I’m starting to in January. I’ve just discovered all of these reviews, so trying to weigh up and process everything
Reply 50

Hey, how are you getting on? I just received my unconditional offer for the MSC in mental health and well-being. I am super keen to start, but also reading through a lot of different reviews, I would love an update on how everything is for you.
Reply 51
Original post by nisha18
I would like to have a quick response from you if v can chat on my whatsapp no.+256752069990 if u don't mind. Thanks.

Sorry, I have written this message a couple of times! I’m getting close to a deadline and would love to hear how you guys are getting on

Reply 52
Original post by Lozxxmf
Hey! I received my unconditional offer for past-time masters psychology mental health and well-being at the university of Wolverhampton. I’ve heard very mixed reviews on the programme of study and wondered if anyone else has already studied or possibly starting September 2023? It would be nice to get in touch with some people.

I spoke to an advisor and the modules etc sounds great! Plus it’s BPS accredited. I’m looking at progressing on to do my PhD in educational psychology.

Thanks in advance x

Hello, would you mind letting me know how you’re getting on because I just received my unconditional offer and I’m also reading a lot of mixed reviews
Original post by AndreiaCro
You need to see how is the psycholy board in Canada I would say. I am in new Zealand and yes the master seems to be valid but I still need to find a practicum myself of 1500 hours here to become registered as a psychologist

Hi all, I am pondering over the offer to start in Jan 2024 at WU and I am unsure. I want to practice as a mental health professional and want to know about my prospects after graduating.
1- would it be possible to switch from online to on campus mode in the second semester if I want?
2- after graduating, do we get to do an internship somewhere- does the uni help with that?
3- how many hours of internship do we need to be able to practice profesionally?
4- if I want to pursue a PhD in psychology, would this online degree be a good basis for it?
5- I want to work in Emirates at some point and I think they don't give licenses to online degree holders. Can anybody confirm this?

Please let me know if you have any idea.
Thanks
Shelly
Original post by KTpe77
HiCan anyone give feedback on how they've found the course so far? I have received an offer to begin at the end of October and I am weighing everything up - can I do this part-time, alongside a job and family? I did my undergraduate 20 years ago but it wasn't BPS accredited so this and the subject content ticks a lot of boxes for me.
Hi curious to see if you started this course? Im the same as you- job and children. How are you finding it? I start 9th jan
Original post by KTpe77
Hi
Can anyone give feedback on how they've found the course so far? I have received an offer to begin at the end of October and I am weighing everything up - can I do this part-time, alongside a job and family? I did my undergraduate 20 years ago but it wasn't BPS accredited so this and the subject content ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Hi curious to see if you started the course? Im the same as you- job and family. How are you finding it? Any advice? Thank you
Original post by LynseyGoddard
Hi curious to see if you started this course? Im the same as you- job and children. How are you finding it? I start 9th jan

Hi, it’s really good, though can be a bit stressful trying to fit it round family life and work, but well worth it and really enjoying it.
Hi, it’s really good, though can be a bit stressful trying to fit it round family life and work, but well worth it and really enjoying it.

Great thank you
Reply 58
Original post by LynseyGoddard

Hi Lynsey! I'm also starting then. Would you like to exchange details so we can try to help each other out throughout the modules? Thanks!
Hi it’s very enjoyable and the workload is manageable for me also. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply

Latest