The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

University of wolverhampton???

Hi! I’m looking at a few masters courses and I came across the university of wolverhampton for the MSc Psychology of Mental Health and Well-being. It’s 100% online and looks really good but I’ve heard mixed reviews. Has anyone here been on this course or one that’s similar at Uni of Wolverhampton? I would love to see what more past and present students think. Thank you :smile:
Hi. Really sorry to read this. I’m just about to sign up for this course. I’m a really independent learner and already have a degree in psychology but not accredited so I do see it as a bit of a tick box. Do you mind if I ask you about the assessments, about 4k works each and how long does the dissertation need to be? And does the lack of help make the dissertation impossible? Thanks so much.
At the Student's Union
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Thanks for your honest feedback. Really appreciated your time. Yeah I totally understand that. I guess that’s why it’s so much cheaper. Unfortunately money is a huge issue for so many of us! A lot to think about. I hope you get changed or things get better!
Original post by Anonymous
xxx

Thank you. It would be good if they were a bit more transparent about assignment requirements and the dissertation and exactly what’s involved. Like the research project is such a big, tricky thing to do. Before we sign up we need to know what’s involved and if we’d even be able to do it. I’ll see if they will tell me anything on the phone! You’d also think when you start they would tell you so you can plan accordingly?
Reply 4
Hi ! Can I ask if you have found another programme to transfer to? Have you looked at Brunel online psychology masters ?
Reply 5
I’m asking bc I’m currently on the course , began 3 weeks ago and not sure if this is what I was looking for .. deciding if I should be patient and it’s just the module I’m doing now.. I’m sorry you are going through this phase but thank you for sharing your experience .
Original post by Efi T
I’m asking bc I’m currently on the course , began 3 weeks ago and not sure if this is what I was looking for .. deciding if I should be patient and it’s just the module I’m doing now.. I’m sorry you are going through this phase but thank you for sharing your experience .

Hi Efi, sorry to hear you’re a bit unsure. What in particular aren’t you enjoying? I’m also still weighing everything up. It’s so much money. Ben’s posts have been really helpful in terms of what to expect but I still have a reluctance! I’m afraid I can’t help with other options. This is my only option really because of cost.
Reply 7
Original post by Josephine Black
Hi Efi, sorry to hear you’re a bit unsure. What in particular aren’t you enjoying? I’m also still weighing everything up. It’s so much money. Ben’s posts have been really helpful in terms of what to expect but I still have a reluctance! I’m afraid I can’t help with other options. This is my only option really because of cost.

Sorry didn’t get back sooner . The assignment to pass this module is extremely demanding, especially when it involves topics that haven't been adequately covered in our coursework. It's proving to be a significant challenge since it requires knowledge that typically only advanced psychology students would have Many of the students are expressing their frustration, and it seems that the lack of accessible support is disappointing. Several students are now exploring alternative courses, as it's unclear why they would do this .. so disappointing .
Original post by Efi T
Sorry didn’t get back sooner . The assignment to pass this module is extremely demanding, especially when it involves topics that haven't been adequately covered in our coursework. It's proving to be a significant challenge since it requires knowledge that typically only advanced psychology students would have Many of the students are expressing their frustration, and it seems that the lack of accessible support is disappointing. Several students are now exploring alternative courses, as it's unclear why they would do this .. so disappointing .

That seems really outrageous! I get that there it’s heavily independent but they need to give you the adequate materials! I hope they listen to you and you get this sorted.
Reply 9
Original post by Josephine Black

Hi, did you join the course? I’m considering the same course. Really want to do this as other courses are really expensive
Hi guys.. I really want to do conversion Psychology and was so excited for this course until I read this thread…

Please share your experiences.. Those who wanted to transfer to another uni, did you have to start from scratch?

The only thing with Wolverhampton is that the price of the course is much better than others.
There are lots of options to transfer to. I have spent time with a private tutor (at my cost) to understand where I can focus my time and energy and will see after this module how I feel.
The course is very poorly structured and there’s no consideration for people who may not be at advanced psychology level. It seems there is an art to responding to questions and assessments which is to be a scientist, your opinions and thoughts don’t matter and you have to reference absolutely everything you share. It is a lot of work, additional work on your own to what is in the curriculum / course text and the expectations are that you just automatically ‘know’ how and when to do this.
Thank you for taking out time and answering. Very helpful. Is there any other Uni’s you can recommend?
Original post by Anonymous #2
xx

Hi there,

I'm one of the University's moderators here on the student room and came across your posts. I'm really sorry to learn about some of the frustrations discussed on here, I have made a note of these and will be sure to pass on the collective feedback onto our course team. The online courses are relatively new and are constantly improving with our student's feedback. If you have any questions about the course please do let me know and I can reach out to the course leader.

Kind regards,
Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending