The Student Room Group

Wolverhampton MSc psychology mental health and well-being (online)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi everyone,

I’m starting the MSC psychology mental health and well being online (start Jan 9th full time).

I have literally just paid for the first two modules and then my mum reminded me to check the course reviews, so here I am 😕

Mixed reviews here, worried about the lack of student support and I’m also working full time.

I would like a study buddy because this be a massive challenge for me.

Thanks
Original post by Rebby28
Hi everyone,

I’m starting the MSC psychology mental health and well being online (start Jan 9th full time).

I have literally just paid for the first two modules and then my mum reminded me to check the course reviews, so here I am 😕

Mixed reviews here, worried about the lack of student support and I’m also working full time.

Thanks

Hi i start on the 9th too! I also work and was worried but after speaking to a few people on here they have all said they are enjoying it and had no issues. Lets stay in touch 😊
Original post by Rebby28
Hi everyone,

Thanks

I started in September, just coming to end of my second module. I love it and have found student support excellent. Anyone want any further info you can get me on [email protected]
Original post by BenHamilton
Ok let’s hope it’s a good experience for us both. I’m doing part time, I think I’m starting with cyber psychology. Hopefully will speak on a forum on the course.

wow text me on whatsapp 0748312335 i connect you with my lecturer
Original post by PFdez
Hi eveyone.mThanks for all the helpful information. I will be starting this course part-time in January. Anyone else? It will be nice to get in touch with people who are starting then as well, or even with some people who are a couple of modules in so we can have some discussions about it.
Thanks,
Paula.

Hi,
I will be starting MSc in mental health and wellbeing from 9th January 2024
Reply 65
Original post by Nisnagaria
Hi,
I will be starting MSc in mental health and wellbeing from 9th January 2024

Just messaged you! :smile:
Original post by PFdez
Just messaged you! :smile:

Yes It will be wonderful to connect with someone with same interest and course. Please send me your mail so will msg u my details.
Reply 67
Original post by Rebby28
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hi Rebby, yes there is NO support. I have found replies from facilitators yo students I discussions to be ' it's an MA look back at the question'. Also the questions/ summative assessments have been poorly written thus students are left confused or facilitators couldn't be bothered to reword or change the question online to fit what they want. Instead they tell you at the Q & A a week before submission the changes. I'm soon to be on my 8th module. This course has effected my own mental health. I dread each module due to the lack of support. I have completed an MA at Birmingham University and my experience was nothing like this. You are paying course fees in effect for the module on the system...with no help. I have spoken to students who have completed similar courses at other universities and their experiences are not like this. I wish I had dropped the course in my second module and gone elsewhere..

I hope your experiences are better but doubt it...unless there's a massive shack up in this dept.
Original post by Lee hi
Hi Rebby, yes there is NO support. I have found replies from facilitators yo students I discussions to be ' it's an MA look back at the question'. Also the questions/ summative assessments have been poorly written thus students are left confused or facilitators couldn't be bothered to reword or change the question online to fit what they want. Instead they tell you at the Q & A a week before submission the changes. I'm soon to be on my 8th module. This course has effected my own mental health. I dread each module due to the lack of support. I have completed an MA at Birmingham University and my experience was nothing like this. You are paying course fees in effect for the module on the system...with no help. I have spoken to students who have completed similar courses at other universities and their experiences are not like this. I wish I had dropped the course in my second module and gone elsewhere..

I hope your experiences are better but doubt it...unless there's a massive shack up in this dept.

Just to counterbalance this. I’ve just started my third module and found there to be lots of support. The online facilators have helped me a lot, and I always get emails from the general support team inviting me to seek them out if I need support.
Thanks
Ben
Reply 69
Thank you for sharing your experience. I started on Monday and still confused by the whole thing. I have anxiety thinking I chose the wrong course, everything seems confusing. I thinking to pull out and go with university of law (if they will still take me) it’s £2k more though
Reply 70
Original post by Lee hi
Original post by Rebby28
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Sorry I posted response below
Reply 71
Hello,

I am looking at enrolling on this course, starting March 2024. Is anyone else enrolling too?
You can message me if you want any more info or opinion about the course

Hi Ben, hope you don't mind me contacting you. Seen you post a few times on here. I'm on the verge of applying for a March start but nervous! Can you tell me how the modules are assessed? How long is the final dissertation? I've got two masters in English Literature but I want to follow a new route. Any info gratefully received!

Thanks!

Charlie
Original post by Ellahigham
Hello,

I am looking at enrolling on this course, starting March 2024. Is anyone else enrolling too?

Hello! Yes, I'm thinking about it - anything holding you back? I just want to make right decision!

Charlie
Original post by charlotte702
Hi Ben, hope you don't mind me contacting you. Seen you post a few times on here. I'm on the verge of applying for a March start but nervous! Can you tell me how the modules are assessed? How long is the final dissertation? I've got two masters in English Literature but I want to follow a new route. Any info gratefully received!

Thanks!

Charlie

Hi Charlotte, each unit is 8 weeks and then most have an assignment or project to hand in. You are supported through the process. Lots of pre recorded micro lectures and reading to do as well as useful activities. The dissertation is at the end after you’ve done 10 modules and I believe that is 16 weeks.
Reply 75
Original post by charlotte702
Hello! Yes, I'm thinking about it - anything holding you back? I just want to make right decision!

Charlie

I'm going for it! I've accepted and i'm starting in March. What was holding me back was having to tell my current employer that I'd be going to study and unfortunately, after having the conversation it's been decided I will leave as they cannot support my part-time request but I feel like I've done the right thing! Here's hoping!!
Reply 76
Hi Charlotte, each unit is 8 weeks and then most have an assignment or project to hand in. You are supported through the process. Lots of pre recorded micro lectures and reading to do as well as useful activities. The dissertation is at the end after you’ve done 10 modules and I believe that is 16 weeks.

Hi, I am starting in March too! Can you complete a unit in faster than 8 weeks or chose to do 2 modules at once if you are part time do you know? I work in education so will have some more time in the summer!
Original post by Longz1978
Hi, I am starting in March too! Can you complete a unit in faster than 8 weeks or chose to do 2 modules at once if you are part time do you know? I work in education so will have some more time in the summer!

Hi I think you either have to do it part time one unit per 8 weeks or full time 2 units per 8 weeks. I guess you could contact the uni directly to see if there’s anything in between.
Original post by Ellahigham
Hello,

Hey Ella I’m looking to start 5th March also but reading these reviews I’m in two minds. Xx
Hi guys,
I know some of you have had to answer this many times so I apologise in advance lol.
Is this worth it? I’ve seen some terrible reviews, have come in here and seen some positive. Im due to start March 5th, is it worth it?
How’s your experiences been?
Would you say work is graded fairly?
Are you getting much support when needed?
Are there many lectures for each assignment?

Thank you 💖

Quick Reply

Latest