The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leeds A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily_210567
Okay, thank you. I really appreciate it. Honestly I don't have much choice since my A levels didn't go to plan. I was also thinking of applying to others that take resits. Is 125/152 enough for Lincoln but too low for Nottingham? I'm going to apply to Leeds (if there isn't a better chance elsewhere), Lincoln, Leicester (foundation) and for my fourth I was looking at Hull York, Edge Hill or Nottingham since I'm gonna resit maths if my remark becomes AAB hopefully.

hi Emily, I was going to apply to Leeds A100 however got BBB so gonna apply to gateway year instead (however im glad I got ABB as my GCSEs wont be good enough for normal A100). like I said you qualify for A2L so you can apply with your grades. however Leeds scoring system is very vague so I dont know if in your case they will score you achieved a levels or your GCSEs. however your UCAT is very good and if you really wanna apply I would say go for it as you can put 3 other safer options. regarding A2L again it is very vague as to whether it helps or not. I applied to leeds last year with A2L and still got rejected and everyone else in my school who were A2L also got rejected

but like I said apply to Leeds, I feel that you may have a good chance as you have a good UCAT compared to there rest of UCAT takers, and this is a good sign too as leeds to operate a UCAT cutoff and assert bands when assessing how well their applicants performed.

but anyway good luck, if you need any more advice just post on this thread (although I cant use it :frown:)
Original post by B7861
hi Emily, I was going to apply to Leeds A100 however got BBB so gonna apply to gateway year instead (however im glad I got ABB as my GCSEs wont be good enough for normal A100). like I said you qualify for A2L so you can apply with your grades. however Leeds scoring system is very vague so I dont know if in your case they will score you achieved a levels or your GCSEs. however your UCAT is very good and if you really wanna apply I would say go for it as you can put 3 other safer options. regarding A2L again it is very vague as to whether it helps or not. I applied to leeds last year with A2L and still got rejected and everyone else in my school who were A2L also got rejected

but like I said apply to Leeds, I feel that you may have a good chance as you have a good UCAT compared to there rest of UCAT takers, and this is a good sign too as leeds to operate a UCAT cutoff and assert bands when assessing how well their applicants performed.

but anyway good luck, if you need any more advice just post on this thread (although I cant use it :frown:)

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I emailed them to ask about this hoping I get a decent reply. I probably will still apply and hope for the best I guess. Best of luck with your application too. <3
Original post by B7861
big change to university of Leeds medicine entry requirements, they now require applicants to undertake the UCAT

however we dont know if they ill operate a cutoff or assign a banding system as they did for the BMAT

I have got 2700 and Band 2 in the UCAT and have 9999998888 for my GCSEs. Do you think it is worth applying?
Original post by aliyaanhabib
I have got 2700 and Band 2 in the UCAT and have 9999998888 for my GCSEs. Do you think it is worth applying?

You got full GCSEs and good UCAT compared to rest of cohort. However I don’t know how this UCAT will compare to the rest of Leeds applicants as this is Leeds first year using UCAT. I would suggest you post in the which medical school should I apply to thread
I have found Leeds does not entertain resits!
Original post by Worriermum
I have found Leeds does not entertain resits!

Yes that’s true. If you don’t have any serious circumstances as to why you’re gonna resit they won’t accept you. So if you gonna resit I wouldn’t recommend applying to Leeds
Original post by aliyaanhabib

actually, I think it might well be worth it and would encourage you to try
if you do, combine Leeds with 3 safer options where we have more idea of UCAT cut off to get to interview from previous years -
refer to Chi Chi spreadsheet for cut offs, etc
I replied already on the main thread ‘which medical school…’to tag in a couple of experts, and there are others
(edited 8 months ago)
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I emailed them to ask about this hoping I get a decent reply. I probably will still apply and hope for the best I guess. Best of luck with your application too. <3

I got emailed back and they said they will only take into account the achieved grade. They refused to disclose anything on how they were going to score this year which I wasn't expecting an answer for anyway. As for A2L they will accept your grades as long as you complete the module when they give the offer. I asked if I would be of disadvantage to other people who may have received higher grades when applying but they didn't reply to that. I'll see if they do.

As of now I have HYMS, Lincoln, Leicester (foundation) as my options so I might just risk it with Leeds and apply anyway.
I got emailed back and they said they will only take into account the achieved grade. They refused to disclose anything on how they were going to score this year which I wasn't expecting an answer for anyway. As for A2L they will accept your grades as long as you complete the module when they give the offer. I asked if I would be of disadvantage to other people who may have received higher grades when applying but they didn't reply to that. I'll see if they do.

As of now I have HYMS, Lincoln, Leicester (foundation) as my options so I might just risk it with Leeds and apply anyway.

Yes that’s what I hate about the Leeds admissions team. But I’ll say if your gonna apply to Leeds aim for a very high UCAT
Original post by B7861
Yes that’s what I hate about the Leeds admissions team. But I’ll say if your gonna apply to Leeds aim for a very high UCAT

I've already sat my UCAT and got 2810 Band 1. I'm hoping that's good enough 😭🙏
Reply 30
Is 2023 the first time Leeds used UCAT (or 2024 entry?)?, If so what was the minimus UCAT to be called to an interview?

Thanks
Original post by tminett
Is 2023 the first time Leeds used UCAT (or 2024 entry?)?, If so what was the minimus UCAT to be called to an interview?

Thanks

This is the first time, and Leeds don’t operate a cutoff
I've already sat my UCAT and got 2810 Band 1. I'm hoping that's good enough 😭🙏

yes, think UCAT fine so far as anyone can predict provided your GSCEs are strong, too
(and I don’t know enough about A2L
ie if that lowers GCSE grade requirement)
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by MedMama
yes, think UCAT fine so far as anyone can predict provided your GSCEs are strong, too
(and I don’t about A2L
ie if that lessens GCSE grade expectations, anyway)

I would forget about a2l as seemingly from previous years it doesn’t make a difference
I'll have 3 safe options and Leeds can be the "aspirational" since there's no guarantee to anything. Just hope their new system let's a good UCAT account for non perfect GCSE's in their scoring. I emailed the other day and A2L is just for grade reduction in the offer if the module is completed and after interview they take these applicants into account more.
I'll have 3 safe options and Leeds can be the "aspirational" since there's no guarantee to anything. Just hope their new system let's a good UCAT account for non perfect GCSE's in their scoring. I emailed the other day and A2L is just for grade reduction in the offer if the module is completed and after interview they take these applicants into account more.

exactly
it’s important to have an aspirational, I think, if your other options are as safe as they can be
- you can be very proud of your UCAT :smile:
Original post by MedMama
exactly
it’s important to have an aspirational, I think, if your other options are as safe as they can be
- you can be very proud of your UCAT :smile:

Definitely proud, a massive improvement from last year. Thank you
Original post by Chandira
I have 2910 band 2 and 888777766 for GSCE, is it advisable to apply to Leeds. I got predicted A*A*A for my A Level.

Not sure as this is Leeds first year doing UCAT. You don’t have much 9s/8s so would be risky as Leeds heavily weight GCSEs during selection, and historically only those with full GCSEs have received interview. However you do have a very good UCAT which may or may not compensate for you GCSEs, however it’s still unsure. Post in the which medical school should I apply to thread
hey i have my ucat coming up i just received A*AA on my alevels and applying for 2024 entry. Any tips for improving UCAT score in about a week. Im finding my ucat score in mocks to be fluctuating but not that happy with my scores. ANy tips??
Original post by artsandscience
hey i have my ucat coming up i just received A*AA on my alevels and applying for 2024 entry. Any tips for improving UCAT score in about a week. Im finding my ucat score in mocks to be fluctuating but not that happy with my scores. ANy tips??

You’ve posted on the Leeds 2024 entry thread, post on UCAT 2024 entry thread for tips

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending