The Student Room Group

Blinds in accommodation

I'm leaving my accommodation and as I was cleaning I went to pull the blinds to allow some light in to see the place i was cleaning , I finished and when I went to pull it done the part where pull the rope cracked and the blind won't come down
Reply 1
A common issue. I would tell them, making clear of course that it broke in normal use. Hopefully you’re not liable for repair
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
A common issue. I would tell them, making clear of course that it broke in normal use. Hopefully you’re not liable for repair

I can't get ahold of anyone because its Sunday and I'm leaving today. But do you really think they won't fine me , like I was looking in my room inventory and they have mentioned fault in the windows and blinds
Reply 3
Original post by jadetilly-1
I can't get ahold of anyone because its Sunday and I'm leaving today. But do you really think they won't fine me , like I was looking in my room inventory and they have mentioned fault in the windows and blinds

Send an email and photo saying the date it broke in normal use. If the inventory mentions faults with the blinds then I think it is helpful. As to who is liable for the repair, it probably depends on the detail of your contract. For me though it would seem reasonably for this to be the landlord’s responsibility if this is wearing out and breaks when being used. I suppose the other option if the inventory is non specific is to say nothing and see what happens. In my experience though it’s usually best to deal with things up front
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending