The Student Room Group

Friend ignoring me after loan

So basically a "friend" of mine asked me to order a pizza for them when they were drunk so I did.

She was also taking days to reply before this (I was asking her about this rumour about us being a thing and if she's said anything/it was getting really annoying) while still being able to reply to other people.

When it comes to paying me back they just straight up left me on delivered for 2 weeks. Bare in mind I messaged her saying if she needs time or help paying it off she can ask me. This is also after we both moved out of halls.

So every time I arranged for our group to do something I'd convientally forget her.

We went out 4ish times (incl me inviting her best friend every time) and the day after the last time, she replies & pays me back the day.

Is it wrong when it comes to September when we're all back together, to continue to "forget" to invite her and only invite her if someone brings it up (& get them to invite her) as well as just cut her off?

If so, if we have to hang out in the same group, how do I go about distancing myself?

Am I wrong to think she was never planning to pay me back and only did so because she was getting excluded?
It is unfair to exclude her from social events. Just send her a follow-up that she owes you money. If she ignores your messages, tell her in person so she can't continue to ignore you.

To be honest though, if it were me I'd just let this one go but make a point not lend her money again.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
It is unfair to exclude her from social events.

I don't think it is cos I have pre-book and pre-pay for everyone for stuff like golf, bowling and I don't want to risk it again. If I do invite her again how do I distance myself without making things less harmonious for the group?
Reply 3
It’s only a pizza. Be the bigger friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending